[40k] Finally able to field a painted force

"jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
> Yay! I'm finally able to field a fully painted force (the Shadow
> Warrior warband doesn't count). Photographic proof of the existance of
> my painted Tau army can be found here:
>
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy1.JPG
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy2.JPG
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy3.JPG
>
> Too bad I won't actually have time for a game until July :-/
>
> --
> Joakim

that is a fantastic looking force!

>Yay! I'm finally able to field a fully painted force (the Shadow
>Warrior warband doesn't count).

Especially since it's now been ruled unofficial in a Mordheim rules
review...

Photographic proof of the existance of
>my painted Tau army can be found here:

That is well done - the Battlesuits almost look as though they belong
in the army, which is no mean feat considering that they bear no
resemblance at all to any other Tau models.

Philip Bowles

"jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
> Yay! I'm finally able to field a fully painted force (the Shadow
> Warrior warband doesn't count). Photographic proof of the existance of
> my painted Tau army can be found here:
>
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy1.JPG
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy2.JPG
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy3.JPG

Sweet!

> Too bad I won't actually have time for a game until July :-/

Bummer...

I like that quite a bit. In general I would not of thought of a forest
green Tau force. But you have pulled it off quite well.

jockelinde wrote:
> Yay! I'm finally able to field a fully painted force (the Shadow
> Warrior warband doesn't count). Photographic proof of the existance of
> my painted Tau army can be found here:
>
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy1.JPG
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy2.JPG
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy3.JPG

Nice. Very, very nice. Tau look *great* in green, adn the orange
accents work beautifully. Well done!

> Too bad I won't actually have time for a game until July :-/

:(

\-|-/

In article <1117459825.535702.94920@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, pbowles@aol.com wrote:
>>Yay! I'm finally able to field a fully painted force (the Shadow
>>Warrior warband doesn't count).
>
> Especially since it's now been ruled unofficial in a Mordheim rules
> review...

Yes....well I'd probably be able convince the rest of my gaming group
to let me use them anyway. It is however unlikely that I would try
since the gaming group is currently moving away from Mordheim and
besides I have two other warbands (Cult of the Possessed and Orcs &
Goblins) to use.

> Photographic proof of the existance of
>>my painted Tau army can be found here:
>
> That is well done - the Battlesuits almost look as though they belong
> in the army, which is no mean feat considering that they bear no
> resemblance at all to any other Tau models.

Thank you.

--
Joakim

In article <-_WdnS2ncNbdkQbfRVn-qA@comcast.com>, Melketh wrote:

<snip>

> that is a fantastic looking force!

Thanks.

--
Joakim

In article <vSHme.20258$PS3.604@attbi_s22>, Desert Lurker wrote:

> "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
>> Yay! I'm finally able to field a fully painted force (the Shadow
>> Warrior warband doesn't count). Photographic proof of the existance of
>> my painted Tau army can be found here:
>>
>> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy1.JPG
>> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy2.JPG
>> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy3.JPG
>
> Sweet!

Thanks.

>> Too bad I won't actually have time for a game until July :-/
>
> Bummer...
>
> I like that quite a bit. In general I would not of thought of a forest
> green Tau force. But you have pulled it off quite well.

I really don't like GW's standard orange/brown colour scheme for Tau,
so I ended up painting them green instead. I must have some sort of
fetish for painting green - my other two 40k armies are Salamanders
and Orks....
;-)

--
Joakim

In article <slrnd9m0pd.5vf.nouser@crux.id.gu.se>, jockelinde,
nouser@notmydomain.se Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> Yay! I'm finally able to field a fully painted force (the Shadow
> Warrior warband doesn't count). Photographic proof of the existance of
> my painted Tau army can be found here:
>
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy1.JPG
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy2.JPG
> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy3.JPG
>
> Too bad I won't actually have time for a game until July :-/

Wow! That's a nicely painted army. I'm adding those shots to my
40K Archives. I've got a friend that's just starting to paint a Tau
army and good shots of well painted Minis for inspiration are always
appreciated.

Myrmidon

--
"I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

-- Moramarth

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

In article <MPG.1d064c9f2e01d11d98a57d@news-server.woh.rr.com>, Myrmidon wrote:
> In article <slrnd9m0pd.5vf.nouser@crux.id.gu.se>, jockelinde,
> nouser@notmydomain.se Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
>> Yay! I'm finally able to field a fully painted force (the Shadow
>> Warrior warband doesn't count). Photographic proof of the existance of
>> my painted Tau army can be found here:
>>
>> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy1.JPG
>> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy2.JPG
>> http://crux.id.gu.se/LirBilder/jockelinde/TauArmy3.JPG
>>
>> Too bad I won't actually have time for a game until July :-/
>

> Wow! That's a nicely painted army.

Thanks.

> I'm adding those shots to my
> 40K Archives. I've got a friend that's just starting to paint a Tau
> army and good shots of well painted Minis for inspiration are always
> appreciated.

It's always nice to help out with recruitment to the Greater Good :)

--
Joakim