reb1941

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Any advice for a non gamer who just wants a high end office computer mostly for stock trading. I have a DELL 360 workstation now with a 2.8 P4. Would like to buy or build a computer that is not a HOT box very little noise and faster than what I have now. Building my own would be fun. DEll has USA support for the 390 workstation. I have used it and it was great very little wait time. Thank you for any advice.

I could easily give you specs for a business comp that would beat the price and probably the performance of the Dell. Some things I need are: Price range, case form factor and stile (tower or horizontal on the desk. Flashy or as plain as possible or somewhere in between) Specs of that current Dell and the programs that you run so I have an idea of what you need. Get back to me on that and we'll go from there.

reb1941

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Thank you for wanting to help.first thing is I want a tower low heat output and
quiet computer. My office is small and the room gets hot with the computer heat here in Arizona. Normally I will have two or three program running and researching stocks on the internet. no big number crunching software.Also all the other software running in the background such as anti virus. buying or building either way is ok not a problem.I just want the best bang for the dollar.Also waiting for the price cuts in July seems to be the smart thing to do.

reb1941

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Thank you for taking the time to help out. After researching each item on your list I felt that they were very smart choices. I have 3 old computer cases , but was sold on the idea of buying a new case after looking at the case you pick out. Same goes with the psu looks like a good place to put the money. As for the cpu that was also my pick. I feel that the Q6600 will put out just to much heat verus the E6600. I could be wrong. The price on the memory sure was right. The whole package is getting me gun-whole to get my order out. I will wait for the price cuts to put in the cpu order other than that it looks like it is a go. I have learned so much on tom's hardwaare and THANK YOU AGAIN.