Just purchased PC-with downloaded Norton Internet Security.
I have XP ss2. When I reboot-I get the message from norton:
Windows Firewall is enabled on one or more of the connections; do I want to
turn it off: y or n. Is this message normal??

Yes turn off the Windows Firewall. Let Norton handle it.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

"thorbaron" wrote:

> Just purchased PC-with downloaded Norton Internet Security.
> I have XP ss2. When I reboot-I get the message from norton:
> Windows Firewall is enabled on one or more of the connections; do I want to
> turn it off: y or n. Is this message normal??

The Windows XP native firewall only works in one direction, incoming. If spyware/malware
gets installed on your system, it will not stop your system from sending out information.
The Norton firewall does both incoming and outgoing. Enable the Norton firewall, and
disable the Windows XP native firewall. (This is not an endorsement for Symantec/Norton.
I will not use Symantec/Norton for the many reasons previously posted by myself and others
in this group)
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"uggabugga" <uggabugga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes turn off the Windows Firewall. Let Norton handle it.
> --
> That's just like my opinion, Man........
>

> "thorbaron" wrote:
>
> > Just purchased PC-with downloaded Norton Internet Security.
> > I have XP ss2. When I reboot-I get the message from norton:
> > Windows Firewall is enabled on one or more of the connections; do I want to
> > turn it off: y or n. Is this message normal??

Turn it off and let norton handle it.

"thorbaron" wrote:

> Just purchased PC-with downloaded Norton Internet Security.
> I have XP ss2. When I reboot-I get the message from norton:
> Windows Firewall is enabled on one or more of the connections; do I want to
> turn it off: y or n. Is this message normal??

dl

yes

"thorbaron" <thorbaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just purchased PC-with downloaded Norton Internet Security.
> I have XP ss2. When I reboot-I get the message from norton:
> Windows Firewall is enabled on one or more of the connections; do I want
> turn it off: y or n. Is this message normal??

all its saying is Windows Firewall will (possibly) conflict with the norton
one, so yes, turn it off if you want Norton to protect your system.