XP Home to XP Pro

Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro upgrade?

Thanks

Jeff...
4 answers Last reply
More about home

    JDR wrote:
    > Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro
    > upgrade?

    Realize that the CD tray is for CDs, and is not a cup holder.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Here all this time I've been using to hold my coffee cup. I thought CD tray
    stood for Coffee Drinking tray.

    "kurttrail" wrote:

    > JDR wrote:
    > > Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro
    > > upgrade?
    >
    > Realize that the CD tray is for CDs, and is not a cup holder.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    No.
    Clean install to get XP Pro.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    S.Sengupta wrote:

    > No.
    > Clean install to get XP Pro.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > JDR wrote:
    >
    >> Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro
    >> upgrade?

    You don't need to clean install to upgrade Home to Pro. However, you
    would be really smart to back up all your data first.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com