XP Home to XP Pro

July 29, 2005 5:25:57 PM

Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro upgrade?

Thanks

Jeff...

More about : home pro

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 6:29:26 PM

JDR wrote:
> Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro
> upgrade?

Realize that the CD tray is for CDs, and is not a cup holder.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Here all this time I've been using to hold my coffee cup. I thought CD tray
stood for Coffee Drinking tray.

"kurttrail" wrote:

> JDR wrote:
> > Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro
> > upgrade?
>
> Realize that the CD tray is for CDs, and is not a cup holder.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

July 30, 2005 2:19:48 PM

No.
Clean install to get XP Pro.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

JDR wrote:

> Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro upgrade?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff...

July 30, 2005 2:19:49 PM

S.Sengupta wrote:

> No.
> Clean install to get XP Pro.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> JDR wrote:
>
>> Are there any tricks to go from an XP Home install to an XP Pro
>> upgrade?

You don't need to clean install to upgrade Home to Pro. However, you
would be really smart to back up all your data first.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com