[WFB] When a character leaves the front rank to fight on a..

This came up at a tournament this weekend, and I can't find a clear
answer anywhere, there may not be one, but if anyone has an answer, I
would love to hear it.

A unit of flying skirmishers, charges and breaks a unit and pursues
into the flank of my knights after running down the first unit. So it
is now my turn, I move my general into the flank during my movement
phase to get in base to base contact. My general and troopers
completely wipe out the flying skirmishers.

The question is, when does my general return to the front rank? I
thought it would be immediately after the combat, as part of redressing
ranks. After all, if I had pursued a broken unit, I would immediately
reform and the general would be at the front.

But my opponent thought I would have to wait until my next movement
phase to do so, meaning that the unit was without the general's
leadership for his next turn.

The rules don't address this in the main book, and I also checked the
Q&A from the annuals. Any ideas?
19 answers Last reply
More about character leaves front rank fight

    "David" <davecheryll@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > The question is, when does my general return to the front rank? I
    > thought it would be immediately after the combat, as part of redressing
    > ranks. After all, if I had pursued a broken unit, I would immediately
    > reform and the general would be at the front.

    negative. redressing ranks is not the same thing as characters moving
    around within units. since the rules only explicitly cover moving OUT of
    the front rank, it's best to use the established protocol for moving back
    into it as well - thus you'd wait until your next movement phase.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On 6/6/05 4:26 AM, in article
    1118046371.239511.178510@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "David"
    <davecheryll@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > The question is, when does my general return to the front rank? I
    > thought it would be immediately after the combat, as part of redressing
    > ranks. After all, if I had pursued a broken unit, I would immediately
    > reform and the general would be at the front.

    Yes, he returns to his assigned spot immediately after battle as your unit
    gets back in ranks. If the unit chased anyone he does this the same time
    your entire unit gets back in order.

    But why would you not get his leadership anyway? As long as he is part of
    the unit, his leadership is used. In fact, any unit within 12" of the
    general can use his leadership so I doubt it matters if he's temporarily to
    the side. (Unless he is fleeing of course.)

    janet

    --
    Life is what we make of it, always has been, always will be.
    Grandma Moses

    On 6/6/05 12:25 PM, in article
    nO_oe.106252$g12.2156@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, "Doctor Rock"
    <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > "David" <davecheryll@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> The question is, when does my general return to the front rank? I
    >> thought it would be immediately after the combat, as part of redressing
    >> ranks. After all, if I had pursued a broken unit, I would immediately
    >> reform and the general would be at the front.
    >
    > negative. redressing ranks is not the same thing as characters moving
    > around within units. since the rules only explicitly cover moving OUT of
    > the front rank, it's best to use the established protocol for moving back
    > into it as well - thus you'd wait until your next movement phase.

    His character did not move out of the unit. See page 97 moving characters
    within engaged units. Since your general MUST be in the front rank, unless
    that rank is totally full of characters, champion, standard bearer and
    musician then you really can't leave him to the side.

    janet

    --
    The universe is made up of stories, not atoms.
    Muriel Rukeyser

    "Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
    > "David" <davecheryll@earthlink.net> wrote
    >
    > > The question is, when does my general return to the front rank?
    >
    > since the rules only explicitly cover moving OUT of the front rank,
    > it's best to use the established protocol for moving back
    > into it as well - thus you'd wait until your next movement phase.

    I agree - the only times a character can move TO front rank are:
    a) he joins a unit (compulsory)
    b) he is in a back rank and there are combatants in front rank
    c) by reform

    > > the unit was without the general's leadership for his next turn

    About this I am not so sure. There are two conflicting rules for this
    case - normally a character can not confer LD from back ranks. However
    (BRB, "Generals & Battle Standards", emphasis mine):

    "ANY unit within 12" of the General model may use the General's
    Leadership value instead of its own when making a Leadership-based test"

    Unless this has been clarified in someplace, I would probably throw a D6
    to see which rule takes preference.

    --
    KMarkusV
    Remove PANTS to reply

    "Janet Quick" <janetq@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On 6/6/05 12:25 PM, in article
    > nO_oe.106252$g12.2156@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, "Doctor Rock"
    > <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >> "David" <davecheryll@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> The question is, when does my general return to the front rank? I
    >>> thought it would be immediately after the combat, as part of redressing
    >>> ranks. After all, if I had pursued a broken unit, I would immediately
    >>> reform and the general would be at the front.
    >>
    >> negative. redressing ranks is not the same thing as characters moving
    >> around within units. since the rules only explicitly cover moving OUT of
    >> the front rank, it's best to use the established protocol for moving back
    >> into it as well - thus you'd wait until your next movement phase.
    >>
    > His character did not move out of the unit.

    he did, however, move from the front rank into a rear one.

    > See page 97 moving characters
    > within engaged units. Since your general MUST be in the front rank,
    > unless
    > that rank is totally full of characters, champion, standard bearer and
    > musician then you really can't leave him to the side.

    if that were the case then he'd never have been able to move to engage a
    flank attack in the first place.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On 6/6/05 6:07 PM, in article
    bO3pe.107546$g12.100392@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, "Doctor Rock"
    <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > "Janet Quick" <janetq@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> On 6/6/05 12:25 PM, in article
    >> nO_oe.106252$g12.2156@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, "Doctor Rock"
    >> <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "David" <davecheryll@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    >>> negative. redressing ranks is not the same thing as characters moving
    >>> around within units. since the rules only explicitly cover moving OUT of
    >>> the front rank, it's best to use the established protocol for moving back
    >>> into it as well - thus you'd wait until your next movement phase.
    >>>
    >> His character did not move out of the unit.
    >
    > he did, however, move from the front rank into a rear one.
    >
    >> See page 97 moving characters
    >> within engaged units. Since your general MUST be in the front rank,
    >> unless
    >> that rank is totally full of characters, champion, standard bearer and
    >> musician then you really can't leave him to the side.
    >
    > if that were the case then he'd never have been able to move to engage a
    > flank attack in the first place.

    Um...except in the exception given on page 97 that says during your movement
    phase you can move a character into combat if his unit is already engaged
    and he is not engaged. He has to stay there once engaged. After the battle
    is over and you are fixing your ranks back up nice and pretty, he has to go
    back. He cannot stay there.

    If he could stay there then you'd just leave him there and no one would side
    charge you without dire consequences. Nope, I would not allow my opponent
    to keep his general stuck on the side of his unit. I prefer side charges.
    I do not prefer to charge into the general.

    I'll ask our official question answerer

    --
    I would like to do what I want to do. I don't want to do
    what do you tell me to do. (Olga Korbut)

    > On 6/6/05 6:07 PM, in article

    >>> See page 97 moving characters
    >>> within engaged units. Since your general MUST be in the front rank,
    >>> unless
    >>> that rank is totally full of characters, champion, standard bearer and
    >>> musician then you really can't leave him to the side.
    >>
    >> if that were the case then he'd never have been able to move to engage a
    >> flank attack in the first place.
    >>
    > Um...except in the exception given on page 97 that says during your
    > movement
    > phase you can move a character into combat if his unit is already engaged
    > and he is not engaged. He has to stay there once engaged. After the
    > battle
    > is over and you are fixing your ranks back up nice and pretty, he has to
    > go
    > back. He cannot stay there.

    nobody's questioning that. the question is whether he is returned to the
    front rank in the following movement phase or as soon as the combat
    engagement is over. the only precedent in the rules is for moving
    characters within units during the movement phase, not at any other time.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On 6/6/05 7:01 PM, in article
    vB4pe.228603$Cq2.51419@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, "Doctor Rock"
    <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > "Janet Quick" <janetq@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> On 6/6/05 6:07 PM, in article

    >>> if that were the case then he'd never have been able to move to engage a
    >>> flank attack in the first place.
    >>>
    >> Um...except in the exception given on page 97 that says during your
    >> movement
    >> phase you can move a character into combat if his unit is already engaged
    >> and he is not engaged. He has to stay there once engaged. After the
    >> battle
    >> is over and you are fixing your ranks back up nice and pretty, he has to
    >> go
    >> back. He cannot stay there.
    >
    > nobody's questioning that. the question is whether he is returned to the
    > front rank in the following movement phase or as soon as the combat
    > engagement is over. the only precedent in the rules is for moving
    > characters within units during the movement phase, not at any other time.

    If it doesn't happen during redress, then how do you handle it during
    movement? As far as I know, you are not allowed to move a character from
    one place within a regiment to another place within a regiment except during
    a reform - which takes the entire movement. (You'd have to make up a
    special movement that is not in the rule book or dedicate the entire move to
    getting him back in position or move him out of the regiment before the
    regiment moves on without him.)

    While the entire regiment is getting back into equal ranks (except for the
    last one), the character is not allowed to take his original place? That
    seems a bit much. (A character that has refused a challenge moves instantly
    back into position *during* battle - the very next battle round, no movement
    required. He does not remain in the back for more than the battle phase
    during which he is cowering.)

    So if the side charging regiment flees ... The character is stuck on the
    side in an illegal position after the pursuit?

    There are too many problems with making the character remain in an illegal
    position.

    janet
    --
    It's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Aimee Semple McPherson

    > Yes, he returns to his assigned spot immediately after battle as your unit
    > gets back in ranks. If the unit chased anyone he does this the same time
    > your entire unit gets back in order.
    >
    > But why would you not get his leadership anyway? As long as he is part of
    > the unit, his leadership is used. In fact, any unit within 12" of the
    > general can use his leadership so I doubt it matters if he's temporarily to
    > the side. (Unless he is fleeing of course.)
    >
    > janet

    My opponent's point was that since the rules don't say when a character
    returns to the front, we have to assume it would be in my next movement
    phase. As for not getting the leadership, this was based on the rule
    that if I refuse a challenge and move to a back rank, I don't get to
    use the character's leadership.

    But I thought this was unfair, since I didn't refuse a challenge, why
    should I suffer the penalty for refusing a challenge, just because of
    the position of my character. Either the character moves back when
    redressing ranks or in the next movement phase, since the rules don't
    say when, I couldn't definitively say my opponent was wrong.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when David entered the world pub known as
    rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > > Yes, he returns to his assigned spot immediately after battle as your unit
    > > gets back in ranks. If the unit chased anyone he does this the same time
    > > your entire unit gets back in order.
    > >
    > > But why would you not get his leadership anyway? As long as he is part of
    > > the unit, his leadership is used. In fact, any unit within 12" of the
    > > general can use his leadership so I doubt it matters if he's temporarily to
    > > the side. (Unless he is fleeing of course.)
    > >
    > > janet
    > >

    > My opponent's point was that since the rules don't say when a character
    > returns to the front, we have to assume it would be in my next movement
    > phase. As for not getting the leadership, this was based on the rule
    > that if I refuse a challenge and move to a back rank, I don't get to
    > use the character's leadership.
    >
    > But I thought this was unfair, since I didn't refuse a challenge, why
    > should I suffer the penalty for refusing a challenge, just because of
    > the position of my character. Either the character moves back when
    > redressing ranks or in the next movement phase, since the rules don't
    > say when, I couldn't definitively say my opponent was wrong.

    You only loose the leadership if you refuse the challenge, who the hell
    would want to follow a leader that's a craven coward anyway. It has nothing
    to do with his position in the formation, which is a byproduct of being
    challenged and hiding behind his troops. A leader that runs to the flank
    because the flank has been charged could never be considered a coward,
    unless of course he ran to the opposite flank.

    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On 6/8/05 7:05 AM, in article
    MPG.1d10119b69f598498a5ad@news.west.earthlink.net, "Jim M"
    <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:

    > It was a cold day in September when David entered the world pub known as
    > rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    >

    >>> Yes, he returns to his assigned spot immediately after battle as your unit
    >>> gets back in ranks. If the unit chased anyone he does this the same time
    >>> your entire unit gets back in order.
    >>>
    >>> But why would you not get his leadership anyway? As long as he is part of
    >>> the unit, his leadership is used. In fact, any unit within 12" of the
    >>> general can use his leadership so I doubt it matters if he's temporarily to
    >>> the side. (Unless he is fleeing of course.)
    >>>
    >>> janet
    >>>

    >> My opponent's point was that since the rules don't say when a character
    >> returns to the front, we have to assume it would be in my next movement
    >> phase. As for not getting the leadership, this was based on the rule
    >> that if I refuse a challenge and move to a back rank, I don't get to
    >> use the character's leadership.
    >>
    >> But I thought this was unfair, since I didn't refuse a challenge, why
    >> should I suffer the penalty for refusing a challenge, just because of
    >> the position of my character. Either the character moves back when
    >> redressing ranks or in the next movement phase, since the rules don't
    >> say when, I couldn't definitively say my opponent was wrong.
    >>

    > You only loose the leadership if you refuse the challenge, who the hell
    > would want to follow a leader that's a craven coward anyway. It has nothing
    > to do with his position in the formation, which is a byproduct of being
    > challenged and hiding behind his troops. A leader that runs to the flank
    > because the flank has been charged could never be considered a coward,
    > unless of course he ran to the opposite flank.

    Agree with Jim, you only can't use leadership when the character is cowering
    behind the troops or is fleeing.

    As for when a character who has refused a challenge returns to the front?
    Page 99: the retired character is automatically returned to the a fighting
    rank at the end of that close combat phase ready to fight in the following
    turn.

    The character who has moved into combat cannot move out of combat (this is a
    separate rule that states you cannot move your models out of combat during
    their movement phase). But I don't see why he would not automatically
    return to his place as soon as the combat was over. If the coward does it
    certainly the fighter would.

    janet
    --
    Perhaps one has to be very old before one learns to be amused rather than
    shocked.

    It was a cold day in September when Janet Quick entered the world pub known
    as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > > You only loose the leadership if you refuse the challenge, who the hell
    > > would want to follow a leader that's a craven coward anyway. It has nothing
    > > to do with his position in the formation, which is a byproduct of being
    > > challenged and hiding behind his troops. A leader that runs to the flank
    > > because the flank has been charged could never be considered a coward,
    > > unless of course he ran to the opposite flank.
    >
    > Agree with Jim, you only can't use leadership when the character is cowering
    > behind the troops or is fleeing.

    Yahoo...

    > As for when a character who has refused a challenge returns to the front?
    > Page 99: the retired character is automatically returned to the a fighting
    > rank at the end of that close combat phase ready to fight in the following
    > turn.

    true enough, but this character had not retired from combat...

    > The character who has moved into combat cannot move out of combat (this is a
    > separate rule that states you cannot move your models out of combat during
    > their movement phase). But I don't see why he would not automatically
    > return to his place as soon as the combat was over. If the coward does it
    > certainly the fighter would.

    I tend to agree that he should have to wait until the next movement phase to
    return to the front rank, this should not however be considered a reforming
    of ranks. However since the rules don't actually say that, and what they do
    say is that during the redressing of ranks adjustments may be made to the
    formation, I will concede that a strong argument may be made on having the
    Character(s) return to the front rank at that time. I do not however think
    that he should be returned automatically to the front rank using the rule of
    the retired character, as this is a character returning to combat after a
    severe case of the idonwannas...
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Jim M entered the world pub known as
    rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > It was a cold day in September when Janet Quick entered the world pub known
    > as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    >
    > > > You only loose the leadership if you refuse the challenge, who the hell
    > > > would want to follow a leader that's a craven coward anyway. It has nothing
    > > > to do with his position in the formation, which is a byproduct of being
    > > > challenged and hiding behind his troops. A leader that runs to the flank
    > > > because the flank has been charged could never be considered a coward,
    > > > unless of course he ran to the opposite flank.
    > >
    > > Agree with Jim, you only can't use leadership when the character is cowering
    > > behind the troops or is fleeing.
    > >
    > Yahoo...
    >
    > > As for when a character who has refused a challenge returns to the front?
    > > Page 99: the retired character is automatically returned to the a fighting
    > > rank at the end of that close combat phase ready to fight in the following
    > > turn.
    > >
    > true enough, but this character had not retired from combat...
    >
    > > The character who has moved into combat cannot move out of combat (this is a
    > > separate rule that states you cannot move your models out of combat during
    > > their movement phase). But I don't see why he would not automatically
    > > return to his place as soon as the combat was over. If the coward does it
    > > certainly the fighter would.
    > >

    > I tend to agree that he should have to wait until the next movement phase to
    > return to the front rank, this should not however be considered a reforming
    > of ranks. However since the rules don't actually say that, and what they do
    > say is that during the redressing of ranks adjustments may be made to the
    > formation, I will concede that a strong argument may be made on having the
    > Character(s) return to the front rank at that time. I do not however think
    > that he should be returned automatically to the front rank using the rule of
    > the retired character, as this is NOT a character returning to combat after a
    > severe case of the idonwannas...

    fixed my post!
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    I'm still confused about how those who say to wait until the next movement
    phase handle the movement.

    Does this movement take any M from the unit?

    Does this mean that the unit cannot charge in the move after the battle is
    over?

    Can the unit march (if no enemies are within 8")?

    If the unit has pursued a fleeing unit and not caught them...then can they
    charge the fleeing unit or are they prohibited from this due to the fact
    they have to move the character back?

    If yes to any of the above, can the player opt NOT to move the character
    back so that a charge can be made?

    I truly am concerned about the repercussions of waiting until the movement
    phase to move the character back. It seems to open up abuse in the form of
    the questions above.

    janet
    --
    Quotations (such as have point and lack triteness) from the great old
    authors are an act of reverence on the part of the quoter, and a blessing to

    It was a cold day in September when Janet Quick entered the world pub known
    as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > I'm still confused about how those who say to wait until the next movement
    > phase handle the movement.
    >
    > Does this movement take any M from the unit?

    No.

    > Does this mean that the unit cannot charge in the move after the battle is
    > over?

    No.

    > Can the unit march (if no enemies are within 8")?

    Yes.

    > If the unit has pursued a fleeing unit and not caught them...then can they
    > charge the fleeing unit or are they prohibited from this due to the fact
    > they have to move the character back?

    No.

    > If yes to any of the above, can the player opt NOT to move the character
    > back so that a charge can be made?
    >
    > I truly am concerned about the repercussions of waiting until the movement
    > phase to move the character back. It seems to open up abuse in the form of
    > the questions above.

    It's just a convenient time to move the character back to the front rank. He
    had to wait until his movement phase to move out of the front rank, so why
    not make him wait until the next movement phase to return to the front rank.
    The only time it would adversely affect the unit is if they are charged in
    the front while he is still on the flank. This is a very real possibility
    and to deny the opposing player such a possible advantage by saying he
    reappears in the front rank the instant the combat is over seems rather
    absurd to me.
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On 6/9/05 11:08 PM, in article
    MPG.1d12c0141b4b443698a5b1@news.west.earthlink.net, "Jim M"
    <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:
    > It's just a convenient time to move the character back to the front rank. He
    > had to wait until his movement phase to move out of the front rank, so why
    > not make him wait until the next movement phase to return to the front rank.
    > The only time it would adversely affect the unit is if they are charged in
    > the front while he is still on the flank. This is a very real possibility
    > and to deny the opposing player such a possible advantage by saying he
    > reappears in the front rank the instant the combat is over seems rather
    > absurd to me.

    I foresee a whole lot of people forgetting to move the guy and causing all
    sorts of problems a turn or two away when it is discovered he's in the wrong
    place.

    player1: He wasn't there when I declared the charge
    player2: I should have moved him back in my last movement phase. I was
    concentrating on my real movement and forgot.
    Player1: Then he has to stay there.
    Player2: He can't be there. He was never really there. He just moved over
    during a melee. He can't rank up in a back row.
    And on and on and on

    Maybe that's my problem with it. When you rank up your unit, he cannot be
    ranked in a back row. It's just odd to leave him there. But whatever.

    But on the bright side...doing your way a side charge due to having to
    pursue the unit you just defeated may not hurt so much - your general is
    over there.

    janet
    --
    The only means of strengthening one's intelligence is to make up one's mind
    about nothing - to let the mind be a thoroughfare of all thoughts.

    It was a cold day in September when Janet Quick entered the world pub known
    as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > On 6/9/05 11:08 PM, in article
    > MPG.1d12c0141b4b443698a5b1@news.west.earthlink.net, "Jim M"
    > <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > It's just a convenient time to move the character back to the front rank. He
    > > had to wait until his movement phase to move out of the front rank, so why
    > > not make him wait until the next movement phase to return to the front rank.
    > > The only time it would adversely affect the unit is if they are charged in
    > > the front while he is still on the flank. This is a very real possibility
    > > and to deny the opposing player such a possible advantage by saying he
    > > reappears in the front rank the instant the combat is over seems rather
    > > absurd to me.
    >
    > I foresee a whole lot of people forgetting to move the guy and causing all
    > sorts of problems a turn or two away when it is discovered he's in the wrong
    > place.
    >
    > player1: He wasn't there when I declared the charge
    > player2: I should have moved him back in my last movement phase. I was
    > concentrating on my real movement and forgot.
    > Player1: Then he has to stay there.
    > Player2: He can't be there. He was never really there. He just moved over
    > during a melee. He can't rank up in a back row.
    > And on and on and on
    >
    > Maybe that's my problem with it. When you rank up your unit, he cannot be
    > ranked in a back row. It's just odd to leave him there. But whatever.
    >
    > But on the bright side...doing your way a side charge due to having to
    > pursue the unit you just defeated may not hurt so much - your general is
    > over there.
    >
    > janet

    Ultimately it's up to the players to decide since there is no actual rule to
    cover it. I also suspect that the situation doesn't come up quite as often
    as some might think. Point of fact I don't think I have ever had to worry
    about moving a character back to the front rank after fighting a flank
    charge, as playing Orcs generally doesn't allow more then a single turn in
    close combat one way or the other.

    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On 6/10/05 10:26 PM, in article
    MPG.1d1407bd7b1980dd98a5b5@news.west.earthlink.net, "Jim M"
    <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Ultimately it's up to the players to decide since there is no actual rule to
    > cover it. I also suspect that the situation doesn't come up quite as often
    > as some might think. Point of fact I don't think I have ever had to worry
    > about moving a character back to the front rank after fighting a flank
    > charge, as playing Orcs generally doesn't allow more then a single turn in
    > close combat one way or the other.

    Hahahaha

    <brave goblin leader> they might be thinking about charging, run!!!!!

    janet
    --
    During a recent panel on the numerous failures of American journalism, I
    proposed that almost all stories about government should begin: "Look out!

    > On 6/9/05 11:08 PM, in article
    > MPG.1d12c0141b4b443698a5b1@news.west.earthlink.net, "Jim M"
    > <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I foresee a whole lot of people forgetting to move the guy and causing all
    > sorts of problems a turn or two away when it is discovered he's in the
    > wrong
    > place.
    >
    > player1: He wasn't there when I declared the charge
    > player2: I should have moved him back in my last movement phase. I was
    > concentrating on my real movement and forgot.
    > Player1: Then he has to stay there.
    > Player2: He can't be there. He was never really there. He just moved
    > over
    > during a melee. He can't rank up in a back row.
    > And on and on and on

    jeez, you must have some retarded players in your area of the world. anyone
    prepared to hold an argument like that is not someone I wanna be playing to
    begin with. :P

Games Video Games