Reading newsgroups

I apologise in advance if I am in the wrong news group but I am at my wits
end.Previously when I clicked on to any given newsgroup in the lefthand side
of the window I had a list of topics on the righthand side of the window
which consisted of the original topic with replies immediately below so one
could read the replies to the comment immediately simply by clicking on
them.Now,instead of having these all grouped together I have a long
vertical list of 'Re:'s which I find extremely difficult to work with.Can
anybody help me restore the original situation? I imagine it is a simple
operation but I am an XP newbie.I hope that any who reply will bear that in
mind..Thanks.

In news:elJhORHlFHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Kipper the Dog <pushticat@shaw.ca> typed:

> I apologise in advance if I am in the wrong news group but I am
> at my
> wits end.Previously when I clicked on to any given newsgroup in
> the
> lefthand side of the window I had a list of topics on the
> righthand
> side of the window which consisted of the original topic with
> replies
> immediately below so one could read the replies to the comment
> immediately simply by clicking on them.Now,instead of having
> these
> all grouped together I have a long vertical list of 'Re:'s
> which I
> find extremely difficult to work with.Can anybody help me
> restore the
> original situation? I imagine it is a simple operation but I am
> an XP
> newbie.I hope that any who reply will bear that in
> mind..Thanks.

Got to View | Current View, and if "Group Messages By
Conversation" isn't checked, click on it to check it.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> In news:elJhORHlFHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Kipper the Dog <pushticat@shaw.ca> typed:
>
> Got to View | Current View, and if "Group Messages By Conversation" isn't
> checked, click on it to check it.--
> Please reply to the newsgroup

Much appreciated.Thanks a bunch.
Kipper

In news:Ow$UJ%23HlFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Kipper <pushticat@shaw.ca> typed:

>> Got to View | Current View, and if "Group Messages By
>> Conversation"
>> isn't checked, click on it to check it.

> Much appreciated.Thanks a bunch.

You're welcome, Kipper. Glad to help.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Please try the OE newsgroup for a definitive answer.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:32:48 -0700, "Kipper the Dog"
<pushticat@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I apologise in advance if I am in the wrong news group but I am at my wits
>end.Previously when I clicked on to any given newsgroup in the lefthand side
>of the window I had a list of topics on the righthand side of the window
>which consisted of the original topic with replies immediately below so one
>could read the replies to the comment immediately simply by clicking on
>them.Now,instead of having these all grouped together I have a long
>vertical list of 'Re:'s which I find extremely difficult to work with.Can
>anybody help me restore the original situation? I imagine it is a simple
>operation but I am an XP newbie.I hope that any who reply will bear that in
>mind..Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS