john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I just did a clean install of XP Professional on a dell desktop. The problem
is that I'm not able to see the proper name for the admin account I created.

When I originally installed all my proggies - I was logged in as John. Later
I renamed this account to "Admin Backup". However, when I open up windows e
xplorer and look in the documents & settings folder - all i see is the
'John' & the 3rd limited account user I created.

When I renamed the account to "Admin Backup" - I expected XP to change that
in the registry and the Doc & Settings folder as well. What gives? I was a W
in2K user for many years and never had such a problem.

Hi John,

Changing an account name in WinXP does not change the
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name> folder name.
The best way around this is to create a new account and move any data file over to the new
account.
Then delete the old account.

--
Regards,