Last response: in Home Theatre
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 9, 2010 5:54:34 AM

Hello,
how to connect samsung led tv digital out to 5 1speaker
July 14, 2010 7:35:13 AM

hum depends ...
first do you wanto to have all the time sorround system? if you want to you can output the signal with a optical cable to the sorround system

do you want to have it only for movies? the same output the signal with an optical cable to the sorround system from the devices like a DVD/BD players

finally yes is needed an optical cable IF you want to have a HD sound

also if you want to make the connection of several devices to the same sorround system an AV reciver might be required also

HDTVs now days also requires updates, contact samsung to know if there is a new update for your unit (and any other manufacturer specially with bluray disc players)
m
l
November 17, 2012 1:59:10 PM

I there a special optical cable needed for samsung tvs? the optical cables I have are rounded on one side and flat on the other. It looks like the digital audio out ports on the tv are round. Anyone have an Amazon link to what works here? Thank you.
m
l
November 18, 2012 10:52:12 PM

Maybe one day someone will have some sense and provide what some of us actaually want, and what many folk are asking. And before anyone answers immediately please read on.... we know what to do currently, but it's a garbage solution.

YES; I have a receiver with many HDMI (PS3, Freesat, NMT, PC) in my extension and much clutter of wires and remotes. So much so that many hours (and pounds) were spent programming a pronto to 'script' the control of said gizmos. That all works.

BUT: For my living room I (and many others) don't want all that mess. I want my TV to have the freesat and freeview built-in (Samsung and Panasonic deliver that for me thanks) AND the TV to have the 5.1 decoder built in. I dont even care if it's line level and I need a 5.1 Amp; I just want one remote control and one gadget (the goddam TV) to control the sound. Even if I decide to play Blu-ray... why can't the TV control the audio without the hassle and grief of a receiver OR similar gadget? Why have a TV and mute the sound? It's completely nuts!

Freesat/freeview/external connections outputting 10w or 2.1 via optical is RUBBISH and useless. I want 5.1 but I don't want to feed it via an Amp. I want to plug the PS3 in via HDMI, and the TV to have the sense to output 5.1 SOMEHOW. I don't care how, and I don't care for folk to tell me it's 'a well documented reason' as that doesn't address the problem. Why can't we have a one box solution without demoting a high priced TV to the status and rol of a monitor? Why can't my TV simply deliver a measly 10w to 5.1 or provide Amp pre-outs? Please please please get a grip and provide a simple, effective solution someone.
m
l
Related resources
!