[40k] A Tale of RGMW Gamers, Month 5 Summary

Joakim/Jockelinde (Death Guard)

Chaos Space Marine Lieutenant: Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Strength.
Manreaper, Terminator armour.

7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2 plasma guns. Aspiring
Champion with power fist. Veteran skill: Infiltrate
7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2 plasma guns. Aspiring
Champion. Veteran skill: Infiltrate
7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2 melta guns. Aspiring Champion
with power fist
Chaos Rhino: Extra armour, smoke launchers.
7 Plaguebearers

Chaos Predator: Twin lascannon, lascannon sponsons, Daemonic
Possession.
Chaos Defiler: Indirect fire.

Total: 1,196pts
Saved: -£2
Month: 5

smithdoerr (Tyranids)

Hive Tyrant: Adrenal glands (I, WS), extended carapace, toxin sacs,
wings, 2 x scything talons, flesh hooks. The Horror.
3 Tyrant Guard: Laswhip, spneshield, rending claws, flesh hooks.

3 Ripper Swarms
3 Ripper Swarms

Ravener: Rending claws, scything talons

Carnifex: 2 x scything talons, extended carapace.

Total: 522pts
Saved: £0
Month: 2

Kenneth Coble (The Lost and the Damned)

Arch Heretic: Mark of Nurgle, Nurgle's Rot, Daemonic Fire, Daemonic
Essence, Infiltrate. Manreaper.

8 Big Mutants: 1 Heavy stubber. Big Boss Mutant with heavy stubber.
13 Plague Marines: Bolters, plague knives. 2 Plasma guns, Icon.
Infiltrate. Aspiring Champion with bolter, plague sword, Nurgle's Rot
and Nurgling Infestation.
6 Plaguebearers

15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, missile launcher. Agitator with
laspistol
and power fist. Infiltrate.
15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, autocannon. Agitator with
laspistol
and power fist. Infiltrate.
15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, mortar. Agitator with laspistol
and power weapon. Infiltrate.
20 Plague Zombies
17 Mutants: Brawny. 2 flamers. 2 Summoning Icons Mutant Boss with close
combat weapon and power fist.
17 Mutants: Brawny. 2 flamers. 2 Summoning Icons Mutant Boss with close
combat weapon and power fist.

8 Traitor Rough Riders: Hunting lances. Veteran Sergeant with laspistol
and close combat weapons. 2 grenade launchers.

Total: 1,999pts
Saved:$0.50
Month: 5

GLSwanson (Tau)

Shas'el: Plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker, drone controller
with 2 shield
drones.
2 Shas'vre: Plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker.

12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui.
12 Kroot

8 Gun Drones

Total: 577pts
Saved: US$10
Month: 1

Tim/Helicon One (Daemonhunters)

Inquisitor Lord: Plasma pistol.
Retinue - 3 Warrior Henchmen: Hellguns, targeters, frag & krak
grenades.

3 Death-Cult Assassins: Power weapon, close combat weapon.

10 Storm Troopers: Flamer.
Rhino: Hunter-killer missile
5 Storm Troopers: 2 meltaguns
7 Grey Knights: Incinerator. Justicar.

Total: 640pts
Saved: £7
Month: 3

Xis (Necrons)

Necron Lord

8 Necron Immortals

10 Necron Warriors
10 Necron Warriors
12 Necron Warriors

3 Necron Destroyers
5 Scarab Swarms

2 Necron Heavy Destroyers

Total: 1,276pts
Saved: US$0
Month: 4

John Hwang (Tau)

Shas'el: Twin-linked plasma rifles, hard-wired drone controller with
shield drone.

12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target
lock.
8 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
Devilfish
8 Fire Warriors
Devilfish
12 Kroot

5 Gun Drones

Broadside Battlesuit Shas'vre: Hard-wired drone controller with two
shield drones.
Broadside Battlesuit: Hard-wired drone controller with two shield
drones.
Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.
Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.

Total: 1,237pts (?)
Saved: US$0
Month: 5

Joe Boster/Desert Lurker (Tau)

3 Crisis Battlesuits

12 Fire Warriors
12 Fire Warriors
8 Fire Warriors
Devilfish
12 Kroot
20 Gue'vesa Auxiliaries

8 Gun Drones
4 Gun Drones

Hammerhead Gunship

Saved: US$10
Month: 4

Philip Bowles
14 answers Last reply
More about tale rgmw gamers month summary

    pbowles@aol.com wrote:
    > John Hwang (Tau)
    >
    > Shas'el: Twin-linked plasma rifles, hard-wired drone controller with
    > shield drone.
    >
    > 12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target
    > lock.
    > 8 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
    > Devilfish
    > 8 Fire Warriors
    > Devilfish
    > 12 Kroot
    >
    > 5 Gun Drones
    >
    > Broadside Battlesuit Shas'vre: Hard-wired drone controller with two
    > shield drones.
    > Broadside Battlesuit: Hard-wired drone controller with two shield
    > drones.
    > Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.
    > Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.
    >
    > Total: 1,237pts (?)
    > Saved: US$0
    > Month: 5

    For Month 6, I'd buy another Battleforce. I'll only use the 3 Crisis
    Suits for now, counting as $60 over. Fit/refit as follows:

    2x 1 Shas O (BS5 W4) - twin Missile Pod, Shield Generator; hw Blacksun.

    2x 1 Shas VS (WS3 I3) Crisis Suit - twin Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator;
    hw Drone Controller, 2 Shield Drones.

    2 Shas??? - twin Railgun, twin SMS, shield; VS w/ hw Drone Controller, 2
    Shield Drones.

    Also, fit/refit Devilfish & Hammerheads with Disruption Pod, Decoy
    Launchers, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, 2 Seeker Missiles.

    Month 7, finish buying the Warriors & Kroot. Plan to convert the 12 new
    Firewarriors into 2x 6 Pathfinders (taking both Devilfish Transports).

    Final list:

    HQ:
    Shas O w/ twin Missiles.
    Shas O w/ twin Missiles.

    Elite:
    Shas Vre w/ twin Plasma, +2 Shield Drones.
    Shas Vre w/ twin Plasma, +2 Shield Drones.

    Troops:
    8 Warriors w/ VS Markerlight +2 Gun Drones.
    8 Warriors w/ VS Markerlight +2 Gun Drones.
    6 Warriors w/ VS Markerlight +2 Gun Drones.
    6 Warriors w/ VS Markerlight +2 Gun Drones.
    12 Kroot.
    12 Kroot.

    Fast:
    6 Pathfinders w/ VS +2 Gun Drones;
    + Devilfish +2 Gun Drones.

    6 Pathfinders w/ VS +2 Gun Drones;
    + Devilfish +2 Gun Drones.

    6? Gun Drones.

    Heavy:
    2 Broadsides w/ twin Railgun, twin Missiles, +2 Shield Drones.
    Hammerhead w/ Railgun, SMS, +2 Gun Drones.
    Hammerhead w/ Railgun, SMS, +2 Gun Drones.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    pbowles@aol.com wrote:

    > Kenneth Coble (The Lost and the Damned)
    >
    > Arch Heretic: Mark of Nurgle, Nurgle's Rot, Daemonic Fire, Daemonic
    > Essence, Infiltrate. Manreaper.
    >
    > 8 Big Mutants: 1 Heavy stubber. Big Boss Mutant with heavy stubber.
    > 13 Plague Marines: Bolters, plague knives. 2 Plasma guns, Icon.
    > Infiltrate. Aspiring Champion with bolter, plague sword, Nurgle's Rot
    > and Nurgling Infestation.
    > 6 Plaguebearers
    >
    > 15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, missile launcher. Agitator
    > with laspistol and power fist. Infiltrate.
    > 15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, autocannon. Agitator with
    > laspistol and power fist. Infiltrate.
    > 15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, mortar. Agitator with
    > laspistol and power weapon. Infiltrate.
    > 20 Plague Zombies
    > 17 Mutants: Brawny. 2 flamers. 2 Summoning Icons Mutant Boss with
    > close combat weapon and power fist.
    > 17 Mutants: Brawny. 2 flamers. 2 Summoning Icons Mutant Boss with
    > close combat weapon and power fist.
    >
    > 8 Traitor Rough Riders: Hunting lances. Veteran Sergeant with
    > laspistol and close combat weapons. 2 grenade launchers.
    >
    > Total: 1,999pts
    > Saved:$0.50
    > Month: 5

    Actually, I think I typed up my last update in a confusing fashion: I went
    into that month with a $0.50 surplus, and finished the month having with a
    $9.75 deficit after buying another DG box, 2 blisters of WFB ghouls to field
    as Plaguebearers, and a Nurgling bit for the "Nurgling Infestation" gift.
    So there's just one purchase for Month 6: a Leman Russ. Thematically it
    represents the growing influence of the Recusant 113th; they've either
    managed to steal this tank from their loyalist counterparts, or their heresy
    and treason has spread from their regiment into at least one armor company
    (the latter is probably more interesting from a fluff standpoint). So:

    Month 6: Purchases
    $50 - $9.75 deficit
    -$40 Leman Russ
    Surplus of $0.25 for next month

    Having said that, I have no real idea how to outfit the Leman Russ. I'm
    putting a dozer blade on it to reflect my notion that prior to this
    infestation, the Saltus Home Guards probably spent more time either in
    disaster relief or infrastructure-building assignments; like having the US
    National Guard combined with the US Army Corps of Engineers, but
    underfunded. I had a mental picture of these tanks with tompions in the
    muzzles of their battle cannon, clearing roadways or scraping up emergency
    dams or firebreaks, etc. But as far as the rest of the onboard weapons and
    other options, I'm pretty much whistling in the dark. I'd really appreciate
    some pointers here from some of the longtime Imp Guard treadheads on the
    newsgroup. Also, I figure since I'm no longer trying to stay under 2000
    points, I'll replace the Rough Rider vetsarge's CCW+LP with a PW+LP. Anyway,
    the current list:

    Ken Coble, Lost and the Damned: Month 5

    Arch Heretic: Mark/Nurgle, Manreaper, Daemonic Fire, Daemonic Essence,
    Nurgle's Rot, Infiltrate - 120pts

    Allied Plague Marines (elite) x12: Bolters, 2x PGs, Icon, Infiltrate -
    359pts
    -Aspiring Champion: Bolter, Plague Sword, Nurgle's Rot, Nurgling Infestation
    Big Mutants x7: 1 Hvy Stubber - 240pts
    -- Big Boss Mutant: Hvy Stubber
    Plaguebearers x6 - 96pts

    Traitor Troops x14: Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 ML team, Infiltrators - 170pts
    -Agitator: Power Fist, laspistol
    Traitor Troops x14: Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 AC team, Infiltrators - 170pts
    -Agitator: Power Fist, laspistol
    Traitor Troops x14: Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 Mortar team, Infiltrators - 165pts
    -Agitator: Power Weapon, laspistol
    Plague Zombies x20 - 180pts
    Mutants x17: Brawny, 2x flamers, 2xSummoning Icons - 199pts
    -Mutant Boss: CCW+Power Fist
    Mutants x17: Brawny, 2x flamers, 2xSummoning Icons - 199pts
    -Mutant Boss: CCW+Power Fist

    Rough Riders x7: 5x H. Lances, 2x GLs - 106pts
    -Vetsarge: PW+LP
    Leman Russ Battle Tank - 210pts
    -Hull Lascannon, Sponson Hvy Bolters, Pintle Hvy Stubber, Rough Terrain Mod
    (dozer blade), Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

    2214 pts, 138 models

    OK, suggestions for the tank particularly will be a big help. I've thought
    about adding Improved Comms, and I think people have mentioned Track Armour
    being useful before, but I'd appreciate pointers from people who use these
    things more. Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide between two directions for
    next month's update - would I be better served by adding some Fast Attack,
    or more Heavy Support?

    --
    Ken Coble

    ". . . but there was never any question of him beating me. That would
    be absurd. I'm Colonel Bone of the Skyfalling 8th. I kill so that
    there might be life. Nobody beats me. It is my fate, and yours too."
    -from "A Dry Quiet War" by Tony Daniel
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Kenneth Coble wrote:
    > So there's just one purchase for Month 6: a Leman Russ.

    Yay!

    > Having said that, I have no real idea how to outfit the Leman Russ.
    > I'm putting a dozer blade on it

    OK. Not the worst option, but something I eschew for my Russes.

    > But as far as the rest of the onboard weapons and
    > other options, I'm pretty much whistling in the dark.

    > Leman Russ Battle Tank - 210pts
    > -Hull Lascannon, Sponson Hvy Bolters, Pintle Hvy Stubber,
    > Rough Terrain Mod (dozer blade), Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

    Extra armour and Smoke are pretty much mandatory on Imperial Vehicles,
    like Parmesan over Italian food.

    As you've got sponson HBs and Pintle HS, you should fit with hull HB to
    match. Personally, I just fit hull HB, and leave the rest off to keep
    the points down.

    > I've thought about adding Improved Comms,

    If you've got the points, this is a good option as Reserves are pretty
    common now.

    > and I think people have mentioned Track Armour being useful before,
    > but I'd appreciate pointers from people who use these things more.

    I don't field my IG very often, but I treat Track Armour as Extra Armour.

    > Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide between two directions for
    > next month's update - would I be better served by adding some
    > Fast Attack, or more Heavy Support?

    Yes. ;)

    I'd add another Russ if you can, just to help spread the enemy Anti-Tank
    fire out a bit.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    John Hwang wrote:
    > Kenneth Coble wrote:
    >> So there's just one purchase for Month 6: a Leman Russ.
    >
    > Yay!
    >
    >> Having said that, I have no real idea how to outfit the Leman Russ.
    >> I'm putting a dozer blade on it
    >
    > OK. Not the worst option, but something I eschew for my Russes.

    Yeah, I actually don't expect it to be all that useful, but I'll put them on
    every armored vehicle in the list for the aforementioned thematic reasons.

    >> But as far as the rest of the onboard weapons and
    >> other options, I'm pretty much whistling in the dark.
    >
    >> Leman Russ Battle Tank - 210pts
    >> -Hull Lascannon, Sponson Hvy Bolters, Pintle Hvy Stubber,
    >> Rough Terrain Mod (dozer blade), Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
    >
    > Extra armour and Smoke are pretty much mandatory on Imperial Vehicles,
    > like Parmesan over Italian food.

    I got that impression from previous Rhino discussions. It definitely seems
    like 8 points well spent to me.

    > As you've got sponson HBs and Pintle HS, you should fit with hull HB
    > to match. Personally, I just fit hull HB, and leave the rest off to
    > keep the points down.

    Well, I'm not great at converions yet, but I'm looking at my Leman Russ
    sprues right now, and I think making the sponson weapons removable (magnets)
    and the pintle (just swap it for another hatch assembly) will be no problem.
    The hull-mounted weapon looks like it might be more trouble to make
    swappable, though. I guess I need to really figure which one I want to go
    with; having said that, if all I have is the battle cannon and the hull gun,
    I'd probably go with the HB for versatility, and like you said it would be a
    better fit w/ the sponsons and stubber.

    >> I've thought about adding Improved Comms,
    >
    > If you've got the points, this is a good option as Reserves are pretty
    > common now.

    Yeah, I'm pretty seriously considering this one. Adding a few aerials
    shouldn't be too hard.

    >> and I think people have mentioned Track Armour being useful before,
    >> but I'd appreciate pointers from people who use these things more.
    >
    > I don't field my IG very often, but I treat Track Armour as Extra
    > Armour.

    Do you mean you model it as Track Armour, then treat as Extra Armour for
    rules purposes? That might be easier for me to model than any other
    'reinforced armor' job I can think of.

    >> Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide between two directions for
    >> next month's update - would I be better served by adding some
    >> Fast Attack, or more Heavy Support?
    >
    > Yes. ;)
    >
    > I'd add another Russ if you can, just to help spread the enemy
    > Anti-Tank fire out a bit.

    Heh... that choice is in the lead right now; if I get another LRBT I'll have
    a $10 surplus that will work well with the month after that one. And I
    probably need more firepower more than I need the fast attack stuff right
    now. Thanks for all the pointers.

    --
    Ken Coble

    ". . . but there was never any question of him beating me. That would
    be absurd. I'm Colonel Bone of the Skyfalling 8th. I kill so that
    there might be life. Nobody beats me. It is my fate, and yours too."
    -from "A Dry Quiet War" by Tony Daniel
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Kenneth Coble wrote:
    > John Hwang wrote:

    >>>Having said that, I have no real idea how to outfit the Leman Russ.
    >>>I'm putting a dozer blade on it
    >>
    >>OK. Not the worst option, but something I eschew for my Russes.
    >
    > Yeah, I actually don't expect it to be all that useful, but I'll put them on
    > every armored vehicle in the list for the aforementioned thematic reasons.

    OK, I'll just close by noting that it doesn't really match the vehicle
    design or mount up cleanly...

    Also, while you might keep Dozers on Russes, but lighter vehicles like
    Chimeras probably shouldn't have them. I don't think I've ever seen a
    M113 or Bradley with blades fitted except as dedicated AEVs / ARVs.

    >>>Leman Russ Battle Tank - 210pts
    >>>-Hull Lascannon, Sponson Hvy Bolters, Pintle Hvy Stubber,
    >>>Rough Terrain Mod (dozer blade), Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
    >>
    >>Extra armour and Smoke are pretty much mandatory on Imperial Vehicles,
    >>like Parmesan over Italian food.
    >
    > I got that impression from previous Rhino discussions. It definitely seems
    > like 8 points well spent to me.

    Yup.

    >>As you've got sponson HBs and Pintle HS, you should fit with hull HB
    >>to match. Personally, I just fit hull HB, and leave the rest off to
    >>keep the points down.
    >
    > Well, I'm not great at converions yet, but

    I started scratch re-building my 3rd Demolisher this weekend. I still
    need to build up the forward glacis plates and demolisher mounting, fix
    up the gun. I should be finished this month.

    > Yeah, I'm pretty seriously considering this one. Adding a few aerials
    > shouldn't be too hard.

    I just attach the comms bit and leave it at that. I assume my IG have
    microband communications. :)

    >>>and I think people have mentioned Track Armour being useful before,
    >>>but I'd appreciate pointers from people who use these things more.
    >>
    >>I don't field my IG very often, but I treat Track Armour as Extra
    >>Armour.
    >
    > Do you mean you model it as Track Armour, then treat as Extra Armour
    > and rules purposes?

    Pretty much, tho I also enhance the forward plates.

    > That might be easier for me to model than any other
    > 'reinforced armor' job I can think of.

    Looks better, too!

    >>I'd add another Russ if you can, just to help spread the enemy
    >>Anti-Tank fire out a bit.
    >
    > Heh... that choice is in the lead right now; if I get another
    > LRBT I'll have a $10 surplus that will work well with the month
    > after that one. And I probably need more firepower more than
    > I need the fast attack stuff right now.

    The Russ is a good tank. If you have the option, Demolisher is better.

    > Thanks for all the pointers.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    John Hwang wrote:

    > Also, while you might keep Dozers on Russes, but lighter vehicles like
    > Chimeras probably shouldn't have them. I don't think I've ever seen a
    > M113 or Bradley with blades fitted except as dedicated AEVs / ARVs.

    Unfortunately, from what pictures I've seen the dozer blades actually do fit
    relatively well with the Chimera kits, so I'm almost certainly going to fit
    them there as well. Like you said, it doesn't really fit the overall
    concept of the Chimera as AFV, but it still sort of ties into my notion of
    this PDF originally being less of a fighting force and more of a Civil
    Defense/disaster response force.

    <snip>

    >>> I don't field my IG very often, but I treat Track Armour as Extra
    >>> Armour.
    >>
    >> Do you mean you model it as Track Armour, then treat as Extra Armour
    >> and rules purposes?
    >
    > Pretty much, tho I also enhance the forward plates.

    That should be doable, even for me. Maybe just trimming plasticard down to
    slightly smaller dimensions than the front plates and gluing it on. I've
    considered trying to do something that looked like old WWII improvised
    sandbag armor, or maybe using some of the tread sections that are normally
    hidden under the side fairings as supplemental forward armor. A haphazard
    look will fit with the backstory; I'll probably do something similar with
    the Chimeras; didn't some Soviet tanks strap logs to their tanks to act as
    extra armor as well?

    <snip>

    > The Russ is a good tank. If you have the option, Demolisher is
    > better.

    Can't take it for the LatD list - only LRBTs or Basilisks. If I ever find
    one cheap, I just may buy a Defiler for the third Heavy slot. Problem is
    while I'd like to have it for a bit more Chaos influence in this army, I'm
    not a real fan of the model. I think it's that tiny little incongruous
    head, perched up there on that boxy turret like an afterthought. I need to
    see one in the flesh, but I think if I built one without putting the head on
    top I'd be more pleased with it.

    Or I could just say "screw it," get a third LRBT and have a little traitor
    armor squadron. This would also work better if I ever want to field just
    the traitor IG units and use the full IG list rather than fielding them as
    LatD.

    --
    Ken Coble

    ". . . but there was never any question of him beating me. That would
    be absurd. I'm Colonel Bone of the Skyfalling 8th. I kill so that
    there might be life. Nobody beats me. It is my fate, and yours too."
    -from "A Dry Quiet War" by Tony Daniel
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Kenneth Coble wrote:
    > John Hwang wrote:

    > Unfortunately, from what pictures I've seen the dozer blades actually
    > do fit relatively well with the Chimera kits, so I'm almost certainly
    > going to fit them there as well.

    OK...

    > Like you said, it doesn't really fit the overall concept of the
    > Chimera as AFV, but it still sort of ties into my notion of this PDF
    > originally being less of a fighting force and more of a Civil
    > Defense/disaster response force.

    Sure. But you usually don't see firefighters attaching blades to their
    firetrucks.

    >>>Do you mean you model it as Track Armour, then treat as Extra Armour
    >>>and rules purposes?
    >>
    >>Pretty much, tho I also enhance the forward plates.
    >
    > That should be doable, even for me. Maybe just trimming plasticard
    > this PDF slightly smaller dimensions than the front plates and
    > gluing it on.

    Check out my photos on Genbus. I've got a couple pictures of my
    converted Demolisher(s) and Russes.

    > I've considered trying to do something that looked like old WWII
    > improvised sandbag armor,

    Ow, what a pain.

    > or maybe using some of the tread sections that are normally
    > hidden under the side fairings as supplemental forward armor.

    Easy to do.

    > A haphazard look will fit with the backstory; I'll probably do
    > something similar with the Chimeras; didn't some Soviet tanks
    > strap logs to their tanks to act as extra armor as well?

    No idea. Russians are kinda stupid.

    >>The Russ is a good tank. If you have the option, Demolisher is
    >>better.
    >
    > Can't take it

    OK.

    > I just may buy a Defiler for the third Heavy slot. Problem is
    > while I'd like to have it for a bit more Chaos influence in
    > this army, I'm not a real fan of the model.

    Neither was I, but I found a solution...

    > I think it's that tiny little incongruous head, perched up
    > there on that boxy turret like an afterthought. I need to see
    > one in the flesh,

    It looks goofy.

    > but I think if I built one without putting the head on
    > top I'd be more pleased with it.

    Again, check out my photos on Genbus. I've got pics of converted
    Defilers as well. No silly heads or stuff at all.

    > Or I could just say "screw it," get a third LRBT and have a
    > little traitor armor squadron. This would also work better if
    > I ever want to field just the traitor IG units and use the full
    > IG list rather than fielding them as LatD.

    Depends on what sort of LatD conversions you do. ;)

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >For next month, I think I'll be more concerned with tooling up the units I
    >have rather than buying more, as I mentioned, some special weapons >for the
    >Grey Knights, and maybe the Stormtroopers or retinue will get another
    >transport vehicle. Also, the Inq's retinue looks a little sparse, so I want
    >to add to it. However, I don't actually know what to do with it, exactly. I
    >don't know what the Inq wargear and various henchmen actually do >without
    >owning the DH codex. I'm thinking the Inq needs tooling up somehow, >and so
    >I'm putting out a special appeal to anyone who knows the list: Design >my Inq
    >for me, please! If it helps, the model is either going to be carrying a
    >plasma pistol for starters, and either a big sword, or a book, so I'd like
    >this represented somehow in his wargear. Apart from that, its a clean >slate
    >for you with shiny things and psychic powers which don't really have to >be
    >represented on the model, whatever you think would actually be useful. >Also,
    >I'd like some clue as to what the various henchmen actually do, so I >can decide what I should add. Also, as above, if anyone can fill me in >on how many Psycannon/Incinerators I'm allowed per GK power armour >or Termy squad,

    Termies: IIRC two.

    GKs: 2 if fitted as Troops/Fast Attack (as Troops but with Deep
    Strike). 4 as a Heavy Support choice (Purgation Squad). If you buy 7
    more special weapons (which, IIRC, would weigh in at £21 in total)
    you'll be able to outfit both squads and have enough models left for a
    6-man Purgation squad with four psycannon (overall, you'd then have a
    6-man squad with incinerator/psycannon or two incinerators, a 10-man
    squad with two special weapons and a 6-man Purgation squad with 4
    psycannon - with enough money left to add a Justicar to the Purgation
    Squad should you so desire.

    Philip Bowles
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    I owe 3 month's worth now, so this is the bumper edition. So far:

    Inquisitor Lord: Plasma pistol.
    Retinue - 3 Warrior Henchmen: Hellguns, targeters, frag & krak
    grenades.

    3 Death-Cult Assassins: Power weapon, close combat weapon.

    10 Storm Troopers: Flamer.
    Rhino: Hunter-killer missile
    5 Storm Troopers: 2 meltaguns
    7 Grey Knights: Incinerator. Justicar.

    Total: 640pts
    Saved: £7
    Month: 3

    All of which means I've got up to £82 to blow all at once. Let's hit GWs
    online store to see what they have for me....

    It immediately occurs to me that I'm missing something no Daemonhunters army
    should really be without: A Termie squad. We'll have one of those then:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110107006&orignav=10 .
    £30 down, £52 to go. Its tempting to buy them a Land Raider straight away as
    well, seeing how I have all this money to spend, but for the moment I'll
    resist.

    I was going to get some Daemonhosts now, except that I don't really know
    what they do, and I think their role might overlap the death cultists a
    little, so I won't. However if any one feels the need to convince me
    otherwise, pease go ahead. So, in the absense of any better ideas, I'm going
    to blow the rest of my money on more Troops. Woohoo! Actually, I want more
    GKs, so I'll get another bunch of them. Based entirely on the fact that
    stormbolters *rock*, I'll buy 3 more blister packs of basic guys:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060107011&orignav=10
    for £18. Also, I think I remember seing that the Justicar upgrade is
    compulsary, so I'll need one of him too at £4 :
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060107009&orignav=10 .
    If he's not mandatory, I'll get him anyway, just for the S6 power weapon.

    This gives me 14 Grey Knights including 2 Justicars and and Incinerator.
    Following the pattern with the Stormy squads earlier, I'll split these into
    a small 5 strong unit with the Incinerator, and 9 guys running with massed
    stormbolters. Should be fun. I may add to these later, but again my
    ignorance of the DH list hits me: can GK units take 1 Incinerator/Psycannon
    per squad, or 2? I want to add psycannons, but not sure how many I'm
    allowed. Whilst on the subject, same question for the termy squad.

    This leaves me £30. And its going on Stormies! w00t. I did say at the start
    of this that I thought a DH army needed a solid core of these guys to
    support the Knights and add numbers, and I meant it. 2 blisters of them
    (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060105137&orignav=10)
    eats up £12 and gives me another 6 hellgun troopers. To this, I'll add 2
    grenade launchers
    (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947010514104&orignav=10)
    for £6, and a 2nd flamer to add to the big unit
    (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947010514103&orignav=10)
    for £3.

    So, now the Stormtrooper contingent consists of a 10 man unit with 2
    flamers, in the Rhino, and 2 fire teams of 7-men, one equipped with the pair
    of meltaguns, and one with the pair of grenade launchers. Guess which one of
    those two has the highest life insurance premiums?. One or both of these
    squads may later get a shiny new transport to play with, too. Also, the lack
    of veteran sargeants is staring me in the face here, but again, maybe next
    month.

    This leaves me with £9 to save for next month, and gives me the following
    army:

    Inquisitor Lord: Plasma pistol.
    Retinue - 3 Warrior Henchmen: Hellguns, targeters, frag & krak
    grenades.

    3 Death-Cult Assassins: Power weapon, close combat weapon.

    5 Grey Knight Terminators, Brother Captain, Incinerator

    10 Storm Troopers: 2 Flamers
    Rhino: Hunter-killer missile

    7 Storm Troopers: 2 meltaguns

    7 Storm Troopers: 2 grenade launchers

    5 Grey Knights: Incinerator. Justicar.

    9 Grey Knights: Justicar

    I've nearly filled my troops slots! Oh, and for laughs, and because it
    doesn't cost a penny to represent in models on the board, I want an Orbital
    Strike in heavy support. Sod it, I'll take 3 if I can (they're 0-1 in the WH
    codex though, so I doubt this is allowed). IIRC, there's a battlecannon
    equivalent as one of the options, so I'll have that one because its k3wl. Go
    me.

[...]
    it'll help when I'm working out what I can add to my existing units. Please?

    Tim
    --
    ----------------
    I love the smell of vomit in the newsgroup, it smells like...VICTORY!

    If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.

    Currently listening to: '20th Century Boy' - T-Rex
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    John Hwang wrote:
    > Kenneth Coble wrote:
    > > John Hwang wrote:
    >
    > > True. But like I said, I see them as being like a part-time Corps of
    > > Engineers, with a bit of agricultural work built in.
    >
    > OK.
    >
    > >>Check out my photos on Genbus. I've got a couple pictures of my
    > >>converted Demolisher(s) and Russes.
    > >
    > > Cool, I'll have to dig up my yahoogroups password and check them out.

    > >>Again, check out my photos on Genbus. I've got pics of converted
    > >>Defilers as well. No silly heads or stuff at all.
    > >
    > > Alright, I'll check these out as well. I like the basic idea, if
    > > I could get it to look more "horizontal" and less "upright,"
    > > if that makes any sense. Like more of a crab thing and less
    > > of a centaur.
    >
    > I think you'll like my Defiler conversions.
    >

    > --
    > --- John Hwang "JohnHwang...@cs.com.no.com"
    > \-|-/
    > | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
    > | Horned Blood Cross Terror LED Speed Jagd Destiny
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    John Hwang wrote:
    <snip>

    >> Like you said, it doesn't really fit the overall concept of the
    >> Chimera as AFV, but it still sort of ties into my notion of this PDF
    >> originally being less of a fighting force and more of a Civil
    >> Defense/disaster response force.
    >
    > Sure. But you usually don't see firefighters attaching blades to
    > their firetrucks.

    True. But like I said, I see them as being like a part-time Corps of
    Engineers, with a bit of agricultural work built in. This planet is such a
    backwater that they can only rationalize having these armor units if they
    also get some more mundane use out of them - come the end of winter, these
    things are plowing roads and breaking ground for new fields. If I could
    find something that looked like a big disc harrow I'd stick that on one of
    them...

    >>> Pretty much, tho I also enhance the forward plates.
    >>
    >> That should be doable, even for me. Maybe just trimming plasticard
    >> this PDF slightly smaller dimensions than the front plates and
    >> gluing it on.
    >
    > Check out my photos on Genbus. I've got a couple pictures of my
    > converted Demolisher(s) and Russes.

    Cool, I'll have to dig up my yahoogroups password and check them out.

    >> I've considered trying to do something that looked like old WWII
    >> improvised sandbag armor,
    >
    > Ow, what a pain.

    I thought I could try and make them out of Sculpey or something like that.
    Having said that, to make them an appropriate size I'd probably need a ton
    of them, so that may not be such a great idea after all.

    >> or maybe using some of the tread sections that are normally
    >> hidden under the side fairings as supplemental forward armor.
    >
    > Easy to do.

    Yeah, and this plus some bolted-on plates is probably how I'll do it just
    for ease of modelling.

    >> A haphazard look will fit with the backstory; I'll probably do
    >> something similar with the Chimeras; didn't some Soviet tanks
    >> strap logs to their tanks to act as extra armor as well?
    >
    > No idea. Russians are kinda stupid.

    Having said that about the timber armor, I can't seem to find the reference
    where I thought I remembered reading about that. I'll keep looking, but it
    could well be that _I_ am kinda stupid.

    <snip>

    >> I just may buy a Defiler for the third Heavy slot. Problem is
    >> while I'd like to have it for a bit more Chaos influence in
    >> this army, I'm not a real fan of the model.
    >
    > Neither was I, but I found a solution...
    >
    >> I think it's that tiny little incongruous head, perched up
    >> there on that boxy turret like an afterthought. I need to see
    >> one in the flesh,
    >
    > It looks goofy.
    >
    >> but I think if I built one without putting the head on
    >> top I'd be more pleased with it.
    >
    > Again, check out my photos on Genbus. I've got pics of converted
    > Defilers as well. No silly heads or stuff at all.

    Alright, I'll check these out as well. I like the basic idea, if I could
    get it to look more "horizontal" and less "upright," if that makes any
    sense. Like more of a crab thing and less of a centaur.

    >> Or I could just say "screw it," get a third LRBT and have a
    >> little traitor armor squadron. This would also work better if
    >> I ever want to field just the traitor IG units and use the full
    >> IG list rather than fielding them as LatD.
    >
    > Depends on what sort of LatD conversions you do. ;)

    Well, mine are fairly minimal for the actual traitor units. There's going
    to be a proportion of the 'wilder' looking Chaos Marauder and Empire Knight
    heads, as well as some of the less dead-looking Zombie heads sprinkled
    throughout. There's also going to be some Nurgle banner poles and
    iconography in the units and on their vehicles. The Big Mutants I'm
    kitbashing out of Ork Boyz can count as an Ogryn unit, and I may look for
    some kind of cultist or sorcerer minis to act as psykers. I actually
    cheated when I bought my Cadian Hvy Weapons teams and bought the big box
    rather than the single-unit one I'm using in this Tale thingy, so I'll have
    several more Hvy teams to use as well. It may not wind up giving me an
    optimal IG-based list, but it should serve for friendly games and the like.

    --
    Ken Coble

    ". . . but there was never any question of him beating me. That would
    be absurd. I'm Colonel Bone of the Skyfalling 8th. I kill so that
    there might be life. Nobody beats me. It is my fate, and yours too."
    -from "A Dry Quiet War" by Tony Daniel
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Kenneth Coble wrote:
    > John Hwang wrote:

    > True. But like I said, I see them as being like a part-time Corps of
    > Engineers, with a bit of agricultural work built in.

    OK.

    >>Check out my photos on Genbus. I've got a couple pictures of my
    >>converted Demolisher(s) and Russes.
    >
    > Cool, I'll have to dig up my yahoogroups password and check them out.

    >>>I just may buy a Defiler for the third Heavy slot.

    >>>but I think if I built one without putting the head on
    >>>top I'd be more pleased with it.
    >>
    >>Again, check out my photos on Genbus. I've got pics of converted
    >>Defilers as well. No silly heads or stuff at all.
    >
    > Alright, I'll check these out as well. I like the basic idea, if
    > I could get it to look more "horizontal" and less "upright,"
    > if that makes any sense. Like more of a crab thing and less
    > of a centaur.

    I think you'll like my Defiler conversions.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Kenneth Coble" <flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Helicon_One wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >> I was going to get some Daemonhosts now, except that I don't really know
    >> what they do, and I think their role might overlap the death cultists a
    >> little, so I won't. However if any one feels the need to convince me
    >> otherwise, pease go ahead.
    >
    > You can't use Daemonhosts in the same army as Grey Knights; only Radical
    > Inquisitors will field them, and the GKs won't fight alongside such a
    > blatant chaos influence. It's in a little sidebar next to the Daemonhost
    > entry, on p. 24 of C: Daemonhunters.

    Decision made for me then, I guess. Anything else that GKs are mutually
    exclusive with?

    > <snip>
    >> can GK units take 1 Incinerator/Psycannon per squad, or 2? I want to add
    >> psycannons, but not sure how many I'm
    >> allowed. Whilst on the subject, same question for the termy squad.
    >
    > While I think Philip covered this well (2 special weapons per normal GK
    > troop, 4 per Heavy selection/Purgation Squad), the rules seem to imply
    > that you could purchase either Psycannon or Incinerators as wargear for
    > your Justicars. Having said that, I don't think it would be a good idea
    > to do so, as you'll be paying through the nose and losing the Justicar's
    > 'Power weapon upgraded' Nemesis weapon.

    I should probably at least get a *look* at the DH book while I'm building an
    army list for them, I guess. You're right, I doubt its worth losing the NFW
    for an extra special weapon.

    I'm thinking I might move the smaller GK unit to Fast Attack, and drop them
    in with the Termies, maybe with a 2nd Incinerator. That'll give me another
    free Troops slot. More Stormies!

    > However, the Terminator squad can only have _one_ Psycannon or Incinerator
    > per squad, although again the squad leader can pay extra and take one as
    > wargear - that's how I've built my GK Termie squad (which I am too chicken
    > to paint until I get much, much better than I am now).

    That's odd, but if its what the rules say.... damn, I'd have preferred the
    psycannon really, may have to do something silly like Mail Order the arm....

    > <snip>
    >> I've nearly filled my troops slots! Oh, and for laughs, and because it
    >> doesn't cost a penny to represent in models on the board, I want an
    >> Orbital Strike in heavy support. Sod it, I'll take 3 if I can (they're
    >> 0-1 in
    >> the WH codex though, so I doubt this is allowed).
    >
    > Yep, the Orbital Strike is a 0-1 selection in C: Daemonhunters as well.

    Fair enough, though taking 3 and playing CarpetBomber 40,000 would have been
    funny.

    > Hmm, well, here's a quick rundown of the basics of the "specialized"
    > henchmen. I think this is descriptive enough to let you plan your
    > Henchmen without being specific enough to be an intellectual property
    > violation.

    8< snip >8

    Perfect, just what I was after.

    > As for planning out your Inq, I'll take a stab at it. I guess before
    > anyone starts trying to plan out this guy, you should figure out which
    > type of retinue you want and let us know, shooty or assault.

    Well, with 3 Warriors and a plasma pistol on the Inq, I'm thinking
    short-ranged shooty would be the sort of thing I'm after, it might be useful
    to have it fit in with the Stormy squads. Lets say shooty, and able to stand
    up for themselves in assault, but without going overboard on equipment. Any
    interesting looking psychic powers would be good to play around with too.

    Tim
    --
    ----------------
    I love the smell of vomit in the newsgroup, it smells like...VICTORY!
    Jim M - Usenet out-take

    If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.

    Currently listening to: 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' - Joy Division
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    pbowles@aol.com wrote:
    SNIP

    > Joe Boster/Desert Lurker (Tau)
    >
    > 3 Crisis Battlesuits
    *3 Crisis Suits

    > 12 Fire Warriors
    > 12 Fire Warriors
    *20 Fire Warriors
    > Devilfish
    *24 Kroot
    > 20 Gue'vesa Auxiliaries

    * 9 Gun Drones
    *15 Gun Drones
    *6 Pathfinders

    > Hammerhead Gunship
    >
    > Saved: US$10
    > Month: 4

    2 sets of jungle trees!! Woo! hehe

    Month 5: Tau Pathfinders x2 =24 -60 = $36
    Month 6: Tau Battleforce 90 -50 -36= $-4
    If I get AB woorking I'll make an final army list for my $350 ($354)army.

Power Video Games