How to boot a Acer laptop that has a operating system installed on an inactive p

I have 3 partitions on a ACER laptop. C: is Primary formated but has no operating system installed after formatting. D: is Primary and has Vista Business installed; E: is unformated logical partition.
Initially D: with Vista was active, and C: without an operating system was inactive.
Trying to install Windows Server 2003 (which was not allowed because the installation configuration feature analyzed Vista and concluded it was a superior operating system) I made the mistake to activate C: and made the partition with the operating system inactive, so I can't boot anymore.
If I press F2 during the start I get a "Enter Password" screen that I never used before, so I don't (never knew) waht is the password to enter setup.
Could somebody help me, as I really need to install an operating system to do my .asp scripts for my INT class ASAP ?
1 answer Last reply
More about boot acer laptop operating system installed inactive
  1. No boot menu comes up? Just to be clear, you can't boot into any of your OSes?
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Acer Windows Vista