I have XP Home sp2 on a stand alone PC. The Screen Saver either doesn't come
on or comes on long after it's supposed to, mostly it doesn't come on at all.

That must be a bummer. ;-)

"One Big Man" <One Big Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have XP Home sp2 on a stand alone PC. The Screen Saver either doesn't
come
| on or comes on long after it's supposed to, mostly it doesn't come on at
all.

Noisy mouse wireless mouse or something else(maybe you installed
malware/trojans) is keeping the PC from becoming idle. Investigate to
determine what is causing it.