JB

I was trying to copy pics from one folder to another, but somehow lost the
contents of one folder by using the "send to my documents"

any idea how I can find and restore the folder and contents? I looked in my
documents and they are not there?

Thanks
JB

You probably sent them to My Documents.

Start | Run | Type: My Documents | Click OK |
Look around.

To search for a file or folder
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/find_file.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:8D444A0F-A40C-442C-A7C1-A26B79838961@microsoft.com,
JB <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I was trying to copy pics from one folder to another, but somehow lost the
> contents of one folder by using the "send to my documents"
>
> any idea how I can find and restore the folder and contents? I looked in
> my documents and they are not there?
>
> Thanks
> JB

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

JB wrote:

> I was trying to copy pics from one folder to another, but somehow lost the
> contents of one folder by using the "send to my documents"
>
> any idea how I can find and restore the folder and contents? I looked in my
> documents and they are not there?
>
> Thanks
> JB

Search the drive for individual picture file names using the search
funciton from Start | Search.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

JB wrote:
> I was trying to copy pics from one folder to another, but somehow lost the
> contents of one folder by using the "send to my documents"
>
> any idea how I can find and restore the folder and contents? I looked in my
> documents and they are not there?
>
> Thanks
> JB

CTRL + Z immediately after the event sometimes helps (undo)

We all do it from time to time