marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can anyone tell me which command i use, in run, to open the list of startup
programs so i can stop some of them from starting each time i log on to
windows. i use windows xp home edition.

Thank You

msconfig

Marc wrote:
> Can anyone tell me which command i use, in run, to open the list of startup
> programs so i can stop some of them from starting each time i log on to
> windows. i use windows xp home edition.
>
> Thank You

Marc

type MSCONFIG..

Use it for diagnostic purposes only.. the best way to close programs on
start-up is to individually click on each item in the notification area, and
look for a setting to prevent auto-starting..

Good luck

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me which command i use, in run, to open the list of
> startup
> programs so i can stop some of them from starting each time i log on to
> windows. i use windows xp home edition.
>
> Thank You

Excellent advice.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:u9fm0GJlFHA.3568@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:
> Marc
>
> type MSCONFIG..
>
> Use it for diagnostic purposes only.. the best way to close programs on
> start-up is to individually click on each item in the notification area,
> and look for a setting to prevent auto-starting..
>
> Good luck
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me which command i use, in run, to open the list of
>> startup
>> programs so i can stop some of them from starting each time i log on to
>> windows. i use windows xp home edition.
>>
>> Thank You

kelly

Hi Marc,

Check for an option to not having the icon load in the System Tray via the
program(s) in question.

Other options for removal:

Go to Start/Run and type in: msconfig. Go to the Startup Tab and uncheck
accordingly. Then run this script to remove the disabled items from the
registry.

Tip:

Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup and Selective Startup (Line 148)

Or...remove the runkeys from here: Start/Run/Regedit

Troubleshooting, Removing and/or Cleaning Add or Remove Programs
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

Troubleshooting the Notification Area
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me which command i use, in run, to open the list of
> startup
> programs so i can stop some of them from starting each time i log on to
> windows. i use windows xp home edition.
>
> Thank You

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you to all who replied. You all helped alot.

Thankyou again

"Marc" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me which command i use, in run, to open the list of startup
> programs so i can stop some of them from starting each time i log on to
> windows. i use windows xp home edition.
>
> Thank You

msconfig ?

"Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me which command i use, in run, to open the list of
> startup
> programs so i can stop some of them from starting each time i log on to
> windows. i use windows xp home edition.
>
> Thank You

kelly

Most welcome, Marc and hope all goes well.