Install multiple software at once on multiple computers

I need to install update a bunch of different software on windows XP
machine in my computer lab. It is really pain to go and check what
need to be installed or updated on each machine. Then manually
starting up each of the programs installation process and go through
them. Espcially this get annoying when you need reformat the harddrive
and reinstall the all the software.

Is there any way I can automate this process of installing multiple
programs at once?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Install-multiple-software-multiple-computers-ftopict402367.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1331311
5 answers Last reply
More about install multiple software multiple computers

    The quick answer is yes, you can install SP2 on multiple computers at once.
    There are large organizations with hundreds of computers all around the
    world and they have the same needs as you do for mass installation of
    updates. Because of this need Microsoft has a solution available.

    Unfortunately I am not well versed in these methods as I have always
    performed support for personal desktop machines.

    If you don't mind doing some research, you want to read the guide for
    deploying Service Pack 2 in enterprise environments. The link for this is
    listed below.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/spdeploy.mspx

    Good luck!

    --
    http://www.americantechie.com

    "Thureen" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    >I need to install update a bunch of different software on windows XP
    > machine in my computer lab. It is really pain to go and check what
    > need to be installed or updated on each machine. Then manually
    > starting up each of the programs installation process and go through
    > them. Espcially this get annoying when you need reformat the harddrive
    > and reinstall the all the software.
    >
    > Is there any way I can automate this process of installing multiple
    > programs at once?

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Install-multiple-software-multiple-computers-ftopict402367.html

    If you have an Active Directory domain and you are contemplating reformating
    and reinstalling everything, you
    can configure one machine and essentially clone it's OS and applications to
    multiple machines with image based RIS:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/DepKi
    t/ae955638-1256-445b-987a-ffd6c42fe93c.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechR
    ef/a8c68dce-57e6-4710-bef6-d7adb1e9e8c3.mspx

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Thureen" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > I need to install update a bunch of different software on windows XP
    > machine in my computer lab. It is really pain to go and check what
    > need to be installed or updated on each machine. Then manually
    > starting up each of the programs installation process and go through
    > them. Espcially this get annoying when you need reformat the harddrive
    > and reinstall the all the software.
    >
    > Is there any way I can automate this process of installing multiple
    > programs at once?

    request
    > Topic URL:
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Install-multiple-software-mu
    ltiple-computers-ftopict402367.html
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1331311
  3. hi, i think you have also one more way

    1.why not try doing unattended XP installation ?
    [you might need more floppys]

    as far as installing multiple programs at once goes try doing it yourself since you can customize it

    Also check this link

    http://www.sharewareconnection.com/titles/multiple-computers.htm

    http://www.sharewareconnection.com/titles/multiple-computers.htm
  4. Does this clone method work when applying the clone to a set of machines each with a different hardware configuration?

    Quote:

  5. Saattya said:
    Does this clone method work when applying the clone to a set of machines each with a different hardware configuration?

    The short answer is yes. Use sysprep to generalize it and you must include all the drivers for known hardware configurations. Many of these may be in Windows already. One way would be to install Windows on one of each hardware config and make note of the drivers it asks for and then include those in the driver store on the image. We used to have multiple images where I worked but they now have one "universal image". Having all the drivers does make it bigger.

Computers Microsoft Software Windows XP