getting rid of insulting balloon

July 29, 2005 11:03:41 PM

How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right hand
side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer unprotected
because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows Update?

Salmonella

More about : rid insulting balloon

July 29, 2005 11:10:25 PM

Salmonella wrote:

> How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right hand
> side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer unprotected
> because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows Update?
>
> Salmonella

Go into Control Panel, then Security Center. In the left pane click on
"Change the way the Security Center alerts me". Uncheck Automatic
updates, click ok.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Control panel/security center/"change the way security center alerts me"

"Salmonella" <salmonella10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right
> hand side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer
> unprotected because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows
> Update?
>
> Salmonella

Related resources
July 30, 2005 12:55:16 AM

Try to disable your Security Center service.

Salmonella wrote:

> How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right hand
> side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer unprotected
> because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows Update?
>
> Salmonella
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:05:33 AM

Authorize automatic updates for Windows.

"Salmonella" <salmonella10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right
> hand side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer
> unprotected because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows
> Update?
>
> Salmonella

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:05:34 AM

Or you can disable balloons entirely via a simple registry hack. Check out
line 11 on the following link.

That line is titled "disable balloon tips." You can click on the link and a
window will pop up showing you some mumbo jumbo which is a registry edit
file. Basically you just save the page as a .reg file (on your desktop or
somewhere you can easily find it) and then open it. You should get a
message that says the registry has been updated or something to that effect.
You can then delete that file. Let us know if you have any more questions
or need more help.

Good luck!

--
http://www.americantechie.com

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Authorize automatic updates for Windows.

> "Salmonella" <salmonella10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right
>> hand side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer
>> unprotected because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows
>> Update?
>>
>> Salmonella

July 30, 2005 6:15:20 AM

Thank you!