getting rid of insulting balloon

How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right hand
side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer unprotected
because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows Update?

Salmonella
6 answers Last reply
More about getting insulting balloon

    Salmonella wrote:

    > How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right hand
    > side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer unprotected
    > because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows Update?
    >
    > Salmonella

    Go into Control Panel, then Security Center. In the left pane click on
    "Change the way the Security Center alerts me". Uncheck Automatic
    updates, click ok.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Control panel/security center/"change the way security center alerts me"

    "Salmonella" <salmonella10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right
    > hand side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer
    > unprotected because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows
    > Update?
    >
    > Salmonella

    Try to disable your Security Center service.

    Salmonella wrote:

    > How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right hand
    > side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer unprotected
    > because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows Update?
    >
    > Salmonella

    Authorize automatic updates for Windows.

    "Salmonella" <salmonella10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right
    > hand side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer
    > unprotected because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows
    > Update?
    >
    > Salmonella

    Or you can disable balloons entirely via a simple registry hack. Check out
    line 11 on the following link.

    That line is titled "disable balloon tips." You can click on the link and a
    window will pop up showing you some mumbo jumbo which is a registry edit
    file. Basically you just save the page as a .reg file (on your desktop or
    somewhere you can easily find it) and then open it. You should get a
    message that says the registry has been updated or something to that effect.
    You can then delete that file. Let us know if you have any more questions
    or need more help.

    Good luck!

    --
    http://www.americantechie.com

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Authorize automatic updates for Windows.

    > "Salmonella" <salmonella10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right
    >> hand side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer
    >> unprotected because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows
    >> Update?
    >>
    >> Salmonella

    Thank you!

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Salmonella wrote:
    >
    >> How do I get rid of the little balloon that pops up in the lower right
    >> hand side of the screen to advise me that I'm leaving my computer
    >> unprotected because I won't authorize automatic updates for Windows
    >> Update?
    >>
    >> Salmonella
    >
    > Go into Control Panel, then Security Center. In the left pane click on
    > "Change the way the Security Center alerts me". Uncheck Automatic
    > updates, click ok.
    >

    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Computers Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP