Hello,

I have my laptop set so that when I close the cover and the machine is on it
suspends. When I open it and try to get it to turn back on it won't. I have
to restart it using the power button.

Help ... Is there anything I can do to make this work?

If a computer goes into sleep state S3, it is normal to have to press the
power button to activate the system. Now, it is possible that the
manufacturer of "your" computer allows you to do things differently. Your
manual will explain this to you. The manufacturers web site is also a gold
mine of information.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban