Standby/Hibernate

Hello,

I have my laptop set so that when I close the cover and the machine is on it
suspends. When I open it and try to get it to turn back on it won't. I have
to restart it using the power button.

Help ... Is there anything I can do to make this work?
1 answer Last reply
More about standby hibernate

    If a computer goes into sleep state S3, it is normal to have to press the
    power button to activate the system. Now, it is possible that the
    manufacturer of "your" computer allows you to do things differently. Your
    manual will explain this to you. The manufacturers web site is also a gold
    mine of information.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have my laptop set so that when I close the cover and the machine is on
    > it
    > suspends. When I open it and try to get it to turn back on it won't. I
    > have
    > to restart it using the power button.
    >
    > Help ... Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Hibernate Microsoft Windows XP