Hi all. I've recently decided to upgrade from my (relatively) small 4:3 Hyundai monitor to a widescreen one. I've decided to go with a ratio of 16:10, for a resolution of 1920X1200, as this seems like a much better use of space for PC purposes.
I'll lay out my requirements in a simple and hopefully easy-to-read list:
- Must have a resolution of 1920X1200 (no more, no less)
- Must be around 24"
- Must have a low Response Time/Input Lag (for gaming)
- Must have a 1:1 pixel mapping option (in order to play PS3/360 games without stretching or cropping)
- Must have good picture quality
- Must have a "decent" viewing angle (for group movie-watching/console gaming)
I'm looking to spend around $500.
Also, I've tried looking for good reviews of recent monitors, but it seems like most good sites (the ones actually worth reading) have stopped writing reviews since 2008. Any websites I should check out that provide good information about specific monitors?