I have some temp files that will not delete.
In safe mode they will not show up.

There's over a hundred of them-
all hidden files.

2 computers with the same thing going on

xp sp2
wireless network

they will not delete because the are in use

they are all like this-

CS0F070F9E-E424-456C-AF69-DEA25194E54E.tmp
variances in numbers and letters

what are they? i can't find what's using them either...
is this normal?

thanks for any advice

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

cm wrote on Fri, 29 Jul 2005:

>I have some temp files that will not delete.
>In safe mode they will not show up.
>
>There's over a hundred of them-
>all hidden files.
>
>2 computers with the same thing going on
>
>xp sp2
>wireless network
>
>they will not delete because the are in use
>
>they are all like this-
>
>CS0F070F9E-E424-456C-AF69-DEA25194E54E.tmp
>variances in numbers and letters
>
>what are they? i can't find what's using them either...
>is this normal?
>
>thanks for any advice

Hi cm

This problem has shown up here before and it seems the temp files are
being created by Spysweeper -- do you have that?

Someone posted that he got rid of the files by disabling Spysweeper from
running at startup, then rebooting. Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl

You got it Nightowl

Running Spysweeper alright-
on both machines.

I suspected it was the culprit....

Good little program though.

Thanks

"Nightowl" <owl@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> cm wrote on Fri, 29 Jul 2005:
>
>>I have some temp files that will not delete.
>>In safe mode they will not show up.
>>
>>There's over a hundred of them-
>>all hidden files.
>>
>>2 computers with the same thing going on
>>
>>xp sp2
>>wireless network
>>
>>they will not delete because the are in use
>>
>>they are all like this-
>>
>>CS0F070F9E-E424-456C-AF69-DEA25194E54E.tmp
>>variances in numbers and letters
>>
>>what are they? i can't find what's using them either...
>>is this normal?
>>
>>thanks for any advice
>>

> Hi cm
>
> This problem has shown up here before and it seems the temp files are
> being created by Spysweeper -- do you have that?
>
> Someone posted that he got rid of the files by disabling Spysweeper from
> running at startup, then rebooting. Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Nightowl

mak

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001

download ProcessExplorer from:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

use find handle, type the name of current .tmp file, search will show what
process has the file locked.

"cm" <cmannix@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have some temp files that will not delete.
> In safe mode they will not show up.
>
> There's over a hundred of them-
> all hidden files.
>
> 2 computers with the same thing going on
>
> xp sp2
> wireless network
>
> they will not delete because the are in use
>
> they are all like this-
>
> CS0F070F9E-E424-456C-AF69-DEA25194E54E.tmp
> variances in numbers and letters
>
> what are they? i can't find what's using them either...
> is this normal?
>
> thanks for any advice

Thanks Mak

ProcExpl pointed it out