[40K][SM] Where are those 20% off sites?

Howdy again, everyone:

I'm madly scrambling and scrabbling here, trying to
cobble together something very like REAL MONEY,
so I can purchase a few more boxes of excellent Tac
Squad (and SOME Termie) models before the price
increase. Do you guys <insert usual insertion <G>>
know if at least those two sites online are still alive that
had the 20% discount (URLs would be purty helpful
too, come down to it)? Every little bit will help, that's
for sure!

As for afterward? It looks like I need to stop bein'
such an avid collector (and small-unit player), and get
serious about actually assembling, painting, converting,
etc., junk I already own. Over the years since being
introduced (inducted, more like it <G>) to what used-
to-be the wonderful world of GW (back in latest 80's
and early-to-mid 90's), well...

Gimme a little time to sit and write it up, and I'll
post it for the interested and sundry (probably
more sundry than interested, but what the heck). I
just need to go take a quick peek at the obvious,
easy-to-spot bits of just my SM collection (nice and
organized boxes in real shelving storage units, unlike
much (most?) of the rest <G>) down in my little
basement workshop hideaway....

Until then,
--
Bubba Pearson
Manassas, VA

"Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so
plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe.
I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than
hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of
the universe."

bubbbapearson@comcast.net
bubbap0956@aol.com

AIM: bubbap0956

In article <JfqdnQCmJKb8Gy7fRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, Bubba Pearson,
bubbapearson@comcast.net Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> Howdy again, everyone:
>
> I'm madly scrambling and scrabbling here, trying to
> cobble together something very like REAL MONEY,
> so I can purchase a few more boxes of excellent Tac
> Squad (and SOME Termie) models before the price
> increase. Do you guys <insert usual insertion <G>>
> know if at least those two sites online are still alive that
> had the 20% discount (URLs would be purty helpful
> too, come down to it)? Every little bit will help, that's
> for sure!

There aren't any really good US sites 'on line' that offer big
discounts - thanks to GW's moronic "It'll improve sales at brick &
mortor stores" fiasco a year or so back where GW U.S. effectively killed
off 'on-line' discount stores selling GW items. That being said - there
are still some places that are offering good discounts via Mail-order.
For example Neal C. who runs...

http://www.thewarstore.net/

Is absolutely fantastic! If you want to do business inside the US, Neal
is second to none in customer service and satisfaction, and does offer
discounts via mail order. I've ordered from him multiple times and
*ALWAYS* been happy with the service even if there was a gaff on the
order. Look on the site for the phone number and ring them up. Larger
orders (over $75) ship free.

If you don't mind ranging a bit farther afield - then there's always the
folks up in Canada.

http://www.gc-minis.com/

Great Canadian Miniatures offers GW items online at discounts ranging
from 25% to 35% off standard retail prices. While they don't offer free
shipping - add in a strong US dollar and the overall discount is even
better. At times when the guys at GC are uber-busy their customer
service is a bit slow to respond to questions, but I've never had a
problem with an order beyond that quibble.

> As for afterward? It looks like I need to stop bein'
> such an avid collector (and small-unit player), and get
> serious about actually assembling, painting, converting,
> etc., junk I already own. Over the years since being
> introduced (inducted, more like it <G>) to what used-
> to-be the wonderful world of GW (back in latest 80's
> and early-to-mid 90's), well...

And you think this makes you different than the rest of us because? ;)

> Gimme a little time to sit and write it up, and I'll
> post it for the interested and sundry (probably
> more sundry than interested, but what the heck). I
> just need to go take a quick peek at the obvious,
> easy-to-spot bits of just my SM collection (nice and
> organized boxes in real shelving storage units, unlike
> much (most?) of the rest <G>) down in my little
> basement workshop hideaway....
>
> Until then,

Cool - hope that helps. A friend and I may well put in a quick
order before the prices go up as well.

Myrmidon

--
"I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

-- Moramarth

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

www.chaosmailorder.com

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> In article <JfqdnQCmJKb8Gy7fRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, Bubba Pearson,
> bubbapearson@comcast.net Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
>> Howdy again, everyone:
>>
>> I'm madly scrambling and scrabbling here, trying to
>> cobble together something very like REAL MONEY,
>> so I can purchase a few more boxes of excellent Tac
>> Squad (and SOME Termie) models before the price
>> increase.
>
> There aren't any really good US sites 'on line' that offer big
> discounts - thanks to GW's moronic "It'll improve sales at brick &
> mortor stores" fiasco a year or so back where GW U.S. effectively killed
> off 'on-line' discount stores selling GW items. That being said - there
> are still some places that are offering good discounts via Mail-order.
> For example Neal C. who runs...
>
> http://www.thewarstore.net/

I agree. A few weeks ago I called Neal with an order.
I got to talk to the Big Man himself.
I ordered my stuff and it arrived two days later.

It was just as convenient as shopping online (Heck, I had the GW site up on
my machine as I ordered so it was kinda like "online")

Use Neal!

--
Sir Scott "Not a paid endorser... " McDaniel

Myrmidon wrote:

> http://www.thewarstore.net/
>
> Is absolutely fantastic! If you want to do business inside the US,
> Neal is second to none in customer service and satisfaction, and does
> offer discounts via mail order. I've ordered from him multiple times
> and *ALWAYS* been happy with the service even if there was a gaff on
> the order.

I have to agree with this. I made an order about a month or two ago for the
first time and was absolutely impressed with his operation. As soon as I
scrape together enough once again for a decent-sized order, you can bet I'll
be going back to his site.

--gair