[40K] Nids - new codox - army lists for review.

Hello,

I'm hopefully going to get in a game this evening with the new
Nids codex. I'll be taking on marines, but I'm not sure which units my
friend has chosen now that I've expanded my Marine forces. It's a 1500
point game, and I can't decide which list to go with...

1500 Pts - Tyranids Roster - List #1

1 Hive Tyrant @ 205 Pts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Enhanced Senses +1 BS;
Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Venom Cannon;
Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field

20 Gaunt Brood @ 120 Pts
Fleshborer

20 Gaunt Brood @ 120 Pts
Fleshborer

20 Gaunt Brood @ 120 Pts
Fleshborer

20 Hormagaunts @ 240 Pts
Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons

4 Warriors @ 180 Pts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Extended Carapace +1
Save; Flesh Hooks; Leaping; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws (x1);
Scything Talons (x1); Synapse Creature

4 Warriors @ 144 Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St;
Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature

4 Warriors @ 144 Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St;
Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature

1 Carnifex @ 225 Pts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton;
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Regenerate; Toxic
Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler

Total Roster Cost: 1498

94 models - not bad in a 1500 points list. While the gants don't have
'without number' - it's still 60 of the little buggers on the board at
once. (And this time they might even manage to gun down more than 1
marine per unit of gants before dying. ;) With 4 synapse units, none
of which are now insta-kill bait, I should have plenty of command &
control coverage on the board. Obviously the Fex & Tyrant are my main
anti-armor, with the rending claw warriors having a slight chance as
well.

And the 2nd List...

1500 Pts - Tyranids Roster - Unnamed

1 Hive Tyrant @ 205 Pts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Enhanced Senses +1 BS;
Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Venom Cannon;
Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field

18 Gaunt Brood @ 162 Pts
Fleshborer; Without Number

18 Gaunt Brood @ 162 Pts
Fleshborer; Without Number

18 Hormagaunts @ 216 Pts

3 Warriors @ 108 Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St;
Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature

3 Warriors @ 108 Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St;
Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature

1 Carnifex @ 222 Pts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton;
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Regenerate; Spore
Cysts; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler

3 Ravener @ 138 Pts
Rending Claws; Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter

Total Roster Cost: 1501

(Yeah, I know - it's one point over. But my opponent won't be unhappy
about it since it's only 1 point.) Pretty much same tooled up Tyrant &
Fex, with fewer small bugs, but this time the gants do have the 'without
number' trait, and I've dropped a few warriors in order to add a deep
striking unit of Raveners with rending & shooting ability.

I'm open to suggestions on which list to field since I can easily field
either of these lists.

Later,

Myrmidon

--
All good (color) choices, but they don't carry the impact of the #7
"Over-ripe bananagaunt." Nothing says fear the tyranids like slightly

-Maka

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm hopefully going to get in a game this evening with the new
> Nids codex. I'll be taking on marines, but I'm not sure which units my
> friend has chosen now that I've expanded my Marine forces. It's a 1500
> point game, and I can't decide which list to go with...
>
> 1500 Pts - Tyranids Roster - List #1
>
> 1 Hive Tyrant @ 205 Pts
> Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Enhanced Senses +1 BS;
> Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Venom Cannon;
> Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field
>
> 20 Gaunt Brood @ 120 Pts
> Fleshborer
>
> 20 Gaunt Brood @ 120 Pts
> Fleshborer
>
> 20 Gaunt Brood @ 120 Pts
> Fleshborer
>
> 20 Hormagaunts @ 240 Pts
> Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons
>
> 4 Warriors @ 180 Pts
> Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Extended Carapace +1
> Save; Flesh Hooks; Leaping; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws (x1);
> Scything Talons (x1); Synapse Creature
>
> 4 Warriors @ 144 Pts
> Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St;
> Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature
>
> 4 Warriors @ 144 Pts
> Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St;
> Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature
>
> 1 Carnifex @ 225 Pts
> Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton;
> Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Regenerate; Toxic
> Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler
>
> Total Roster Cost: 1498
>
> 94 models - not bad in a 1500 points list. While the gants don't have
> 'without number' - it's still 60 of the little buggers on the board at
> once. (And this time they might even manage to gun down more than 1
> marine per unit of gants before dying. ;) With 4 synapse units, none
> of which are now insta-kill bait, I should have plenty of command &
> control coverage on the board. Obviously the Fex & Tyrant are my main
> anti-armor, with the rending claw warriors having a slight chance as
> well.
>

> And the 2nd List...
(snip 2nd list)

> Myrmidon

The first list seems to be nicely balanced and should give you a good first
battle estimate of what needs to be tweaked.
a Zoanthrope may be a good substitute for a few gaunts, although depending
on your opponent it might just be a bull's-eye.

I haven't actually gotten my greedy hands on the new codex, but as marines
are my main opposition I would like to know how things work out.

----
V. McNeil

TRENDING THREADS