Ixtreme M3720 graphics card upgrade

poiuuyyy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Packard Bell ixtreme M3720 Computer

The model in question is fitted with the Intel Core 2 Quad processor at 2.5ghz, 4GB DDR2 Ram, 640GB hard drive space, nVidia 7100 integrated graphics and came with Windows 7 64 bit.

As you can see the computer has been fitted with a terrible graphics card. This is my first time upgrading anything in a computer so I am very nervous.

I have read that some graphics cards may not fit or are too powerful for my computer. The problem is I dont know how to check if the graphics card will work with my current computer.

The current graphics card I have in mind is

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768MB Graphics Card

Will this card be able to fit/work with my computer? If not what other graphics cards could you suggest that would run ultra settings for starcraft2 and be compatiable with my computer?

Thanks

P.S. My card is intergrated.. Is this going to be a problem..

pluk69

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
i have the same machine. i have 460 card but i needed to buy a new power supply because the one in the iextreme couldnt take the card. i got the card for 149 and the powerpack for 60.

my local computer shop installed them for 20.

ive now overclocked the graphics card and it runs awesome. far cry 2 runs on top settings and crysis runs on very high with 4xaa pretty smooth.

G

can any 1 tell me if this model can run the sapphire hd6570 i have already upgraded the psu to 750w and tryed the card but i can not get the monitor to work with it , the card seems to have power as the fan is running . help please