Sign in with
Your question

DOWNLOAD SONY LAPTOP RECOVERY DISC

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2009 2:07:56 PM

I NEED RECOVERY DISCS FOR SONY VIAO MODEL VGNNS190J - MY HARD drive is failing after only eight months and they want me to BUY the recovery disc *55.00 plus 20.00 shipping...(OMG...what's the warranty for) and it only recvers the OS....nothing else....
Is there a Place I could download this for free???
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2009 2:46:51 PM

Most likely not (legally speaking). Where did you buy the laptop from? Direct from Sony or a retail store of sorts? If you didn't get it direct from Sony, check with the store where you bought it, as they may have a deal to get you the recovery disks free of charge.
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2009 3:28:39 PM

Yes, you can get it free (of sorts) and yes you can get it legally. You can reinstall your OS using an OEM Windows disk, which you can torrent off the internet. Using the key on the bottom of your computer, you can install it. Then just install all the drivers off of Sony's site. You won't get the bloatware that came with your computer, though, which can be good or bad, depending on what you want.
April 16, 2013 1:47:35 PM

There is a company out there that has these discs for a little cheaper than what sony offers them. The cost would be $44.99. This is the company that we purchase our discs from when we need them for various computer. I went to their website www.recovery-disks.com and typed in your particular model number and came up with the following website:

http://www.recovery-disks.com/sony-vaio-vgn-ns190j.html

There they're listed. We've used this company before to purchase restore disks and recovery disks to restore customers computers back to factory after installing new hard drives or at their request.

Good luck on your search for a disc!
!