Flat CRT Monitor

Does anyone know who makes the 17inch flat CRT, not LCD, CRT monitors
that Dell sell with a few of its system? Thank you.

Please reply in this forum, above email address is no longer valid.
Have a nice day AND a happy life. Acadia.

"bc_acadia" <bc_acadia@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know who makes the 17inch flat CRT, not LCD, CRT monitors
> that Dell sell with a few of its system? Thank you.

I don't know but the "flat screen" that came with my Dad's computer is not a
true "flat screen", I don't believe. Meaning the actual tube is still
rounded. They just stick a clear, flat piece of glass over top of that. So
the "surface" is flat but the picture is still curved. Can anyone confirm or
deny this?

"Ricky W. Hunt" <rickywhunt@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"bc_acadia" <bc_acadia@my-deja.com> wrote

>> Does anyone know who makes the 17inch flat CRT, not LCD, CRT monitors
>> that Dell sell with a few of its system? Thank you.

>I don't know but the "flat screen" that came with my Dad's computer is not a
>true "flat screen", I don't believe. Meaning the actual tube is still
>rounded. They just stick a clear, flat piece of glass over top of that. So
>the "surface" is flat but the picture is still curved. Can anyone confirm or
>deny this?

Without knowing what the make/model number of your dad's monitor
is, it'd be kind of hard to confirm or deny anything you chose to
say about it.

However, there are true flat screen CRTs, both in computer
monitors and televisions. I have one of each sitting in front
of/beside me as I type this.

[TV is running the History Channel while I wait for the 5 o'clock
news to come on. Reruns of "Great Blunders in History". Quite
apropos considering your post, Ricky.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Without knowing what the make/model number of your dad's monitor
> is, it'd be kind of hard to confirm or deny anything you chose to
> say about it.

It's whatever standard monitor comes their 800 series computers (I think).

> However, there are true flat screen CRTs, both in computer
> monitors and televisions. I have one of each sitting in front
> of/beside me as I type this.

Yes. I have a flat CRT. His just looks like a piece of flat glass over top
the curved tube.

Most of the Dell CRT monitors come from Samsung and BenQ (Acer).