Untruest

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
When i play music for example and change the balance to only the left speaker, my right speaker output's noise while when i change the balance to the right, my left speaker outputs noise.

Some genius is thinking just switch around ur speakers but this still happens with my headphones, so i know my orientation is right (not only does it say it right on my speakers anyway).

Another thing to note, is that i had installed another sound card and recently uninstalled it and since then that's when i've been getting reverse audio playback.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ah, you're using a CD Audio Cable aren't you? Let me guess, windows 98? Flip the CD Audio cable over on one end.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Untruest

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
i am on windows xp and i know i have a cable connected from cd-rom to mobo. Was that the cable u were talking about? I have an intergrated sound card which my speakers are connected 2.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The CD-Audio cable is a 4-pin cable, very thin. XP normally defaults to trasfering sound as data through the data cable, but this feature can be turned off in the settings for that drive (find it under device manager). If it's set to "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device" you shouldn't be having a problem with switched speakers.

If you're using the CD-Audio cable instead, try flipping it over on one end.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Untruest

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
c now i am just wondering where's the connection between my cd-rom and the sound coming from my hd to my speakers. how would my cd-rom play an effect in that?

Btw tryed it and it didn't work, THanks though (any other suggestions?)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh, I was thinking of CD audio only, sounds that come from the system shouldn't be reversed unless something is designed wrong.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
sounds like a very strange driver issue. Notice I didn't say whether it was hardware or software, just a design issue, driver programmers should be able to figure out how to avoid these things just as well as manufacturers should know which way the port connects.

Untruest

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
Just to c what would happen, i installed the pci sound card again and didn't get it to work. But i installed its drivers and uninstalled them again along with the card and that still didn't fix the problem.