Restore to original state

I have a few computers available to public users to use. After use, I
would like to restore to the original state I installed and configured for
continuously correct operation. Is there any software to perform this job
effectively?

Thanks,

Ray
8 answers Last reply
More about restore original state

    Acronis True Image ??
    Where you Image the computers HD onto another HD.
    Then you just swap HD and your back to your original configuration.

    peterk

    the problem
    "Ray" <NoSpam-LiZhiQiang1@GMail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a few computers available to public users to use. After use, I
    > would like to restore to the original state I installed and configured for
    > continuously correct operation. Is there any software to perform this job
    > effectively?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ray

    "Ray" <NoSpam-LiZhiQiang1@GMail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a few computers available to public users to use. After use, I
    > would like to restore to the original state I installed and configured for
    > continuously correct operation. Is there any software to perform this job
    > effectively?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ray

    I think you're looking for a product like Deep Freeze. It basically
    restores the original image every night (or configured period).

    http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

    I know they are using this on the public computers managed by the County of
    San Diego.

    Carl

    "Ray" <NoSpam-LiZhiQiang1@GMail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a few computers available to public users to use. After use, I
    > would like to restore to the original state I installed and
    > configured for continuously correct operation. Is there any software
    > to perform this job effectively?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ray

    Are they networked to a server? If so use ghost profiles.

    It's called "System Restore" and it is a component of Windows.
    Depends of course on your version of Windows System restore comes with
    Windows ME & later.

    "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > It's called "System Restore" and it is a component of Windows

    But that won't neccesarily restore the machine back to the "original" state
    as queried by the OP.

    In
    Andrew Murray <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> typed:

    > It's called "System Restore" and it is a component of Windows.
    > Depends of course on your version of Windows System restore
    > comes with
    > Windows ME & later.

    No, System Restore can be a useful tool for undoing changes made
    within the last few days, but it has *no* capability of restoring
    the computer to the original state when first installed.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > "Ray" <NoSpam-LiZhiQiang1@GMail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have a few computers available to public users to use.
    >> After use,
    >> I would like to restore to the original state I installed and
    >> configured for continuously correct operation. Is there any
    >> software to perform this job effectively?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Ray
  7. Changing my phone back to the normal color.
    Thank you
  8. Changing my phone back to the normal color.
    Thank you

Computers Microsoft Software Windows XP