Sign in with
Your question

Free download of full and final version of direct x 11

Last response: in Windows 7
October 6, 2012 6:23:44 AM

i have a game that is asking for directx 8 or better each time i google i get everything but directx being downloaded
a b $ Windows 7
October 6, 2012 7:46:02 AM

Windows XP has Direct X 9, Vista has DX 10 and Windows 7 has DX 11 built in. What game and what OS are you using?
m
l
October 13, 2012 12:09:30 AM

anort3 said:
Windows XP has Direct X 9, Vista has DX 10 and Windows 7 has DX 11 built in. What game and what OS are you using?

It's a big fish game ,Island Tribe. I'm running windows 7 home premium and didn't realise it was already in the computer. I recently had a tower put together so I coud run my computer through my amplifier and projector. Since I've started using 7 I've encounted a few problems.
I've tried to run this game as - administrator, change the resolution, make it compatible to other systems, download it with the firewalls off. I guess it's a dud version. thanks for your input
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 13, 2012 12:36:20 AM

I would start here with the Big Fish Games help page. If you can't find an answer there or in their forums then try contacting them directly.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home

It sounds to me like it's probably something simple like a conflict with your antivirus program or something similar.
m
l
!