[40K] New Chaplain

"Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:d9havn$6vs$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>
> From the sneak peeks on the GW site. Apparently it will be part of the
> Black Templars release schedule, though it is a generic SM chaplain for
> any chapter.
>
> Rob

Very wooden posing.... looks like he has a spinal problem.

In article <lxXue.13976$y57.5175@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Snarf',
hesnot@home.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

> "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
> >
> > From the sneak peeks on the GW site. Apparently it will be part of the
> > Black Templars release schedule, though it is a generic SM chaplain for
> > any chapter.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Very wooden posing.... looks like he has a spinal problem.

That and his diaper has come unraveled in the front. I shudder to
think what the back looks like.

Myr

--
"I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

-- Moramarth

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:05:09 +0100, "Robert Williams"
<mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>
>From the sneak peeks on the GW site. Apparently it will be part of the
>Black Templars release schedule, though it is a generic SM chaplain for any
>chapter.

I was wondering when this lad would arrive. I saw him in some GD pics
last year. Not too bad, but I do think it looks like someone's resume
model.
-Erik

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message

> That and his diaper has come unraveled in the front. I shudder to
> think what the back looks like.
>
> Myr

Blimey, that pose really is quite bad... maybe he plans on just standing
there and getting shot at.

--
Empty Motorcycle

"Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:05:09 +0100, "Robert Williams"
> <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>>
>>From the sneak peeks on the GW site. Apparently it will be part of the
>>Black Templars release schedule, though it is a generic SM chaplain for
>>any
>>chapter.
>
> I was wondering when this lad would arrive. I saw him in some GD pics
> last year.

Unlikely. You probably saw the similar yet different one with a bigger
crozius eagle and a robe.

Rob

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:09:11 +0100, "Robert Williams"
<mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>"Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:05:09 +0100, "Robert Williams"
>> <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
>>>
>>>From the sneak peeks on the GW site. Apparently it will be part of the
>>>Black Templars release schedule, though it is a generic SM chaplain for
>>>any
>>>chapter.
>>
>> I was wondering when this lad would arrive. I saw him in some GD pics
>> last year.
>
>Unlikely. You probably saw the similar yet different one with a bigger
>crozius eagle and a robe.

Yeah, I saw the pics again and larger, and this isn't that one. That
was a much better model.
-Erik

It was a cold day in September when Robert Williams entered the world pub
known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> "Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:05:09 +0100, "Robert Williams"
> > <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >>http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/Image1.jpg
> >>
> >>From the sneak peeks on the GW site. Apparently it will be part of the
> >>Black Templars release schedule, though it is a generic SM chaplain for
> >>any
> >>chapter.
> >
> > I was wondering when this lad would arrive. I saw him in some GD pics
> > last year.
>
> Unlikely. You probably saw the similar yet different one with a bigger
> crozius eagle under his robe.
>
> Rob

fyp 8^)

--
Jim M

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com

>http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakk­a/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=post­s&t=8167
>

>Another one. This one is a BT special character though.

Doesn't seem to have any Chapter-specific trappings that would prevent
it being used by anyone else (scrolls and purity seals being par for
the course for Chaplains), and it's certainly better than both Cassius
and this new piece of junk - the pose is far better and it doesn't have
the overexaggerated leg armour that the other one appears to have taken
from the Techmarine.

Philip Bowles

>>Doesn't seem to have any Chapter-specific trappings that would prevent
>>it being used by anyone else (scrolls and purity seals being par for
>>the course for Chaplains),
>

>Its got a couple of Black Templar specific markings.

Fortunately the BT Chapter symbol is a pretty generic cross - it can be
passed off easily enough, or if not filed off.

Philip Bowles

>Doesn't seem to have any Chapter-specific trappings that would prevent
>it being used by anyone else (scrolls and purity seals being par for
>the course for Chaplains),

Its got a couple of Black Templar specific markings.

Apparently he is called Grimaldus, and is a special character that comes
with 3 servitors who carry the only remaining parts of the Imperial chapel
of Helsreach Hive.

Rob

Latest posts