Samsung UN46C6300 HDTV Reviews

I'm in the market to get a new HDTV, and sure I'm going to get a new LED TV, based on in store displays/comparisions.

Does anybody have a good/bad review of the Samsung 46" LED HDTV, Model UN46C6300?

Top rated at consumerreports.org, and 3.5-4 of 5 stars on other review sites.

I'm am a big Samsung fan: current TV (46" DLP), 6 cell phones (past/present), and 2 PC Monitors all by Samsung.

It's $1569.99 at Sears, but $1399.99 at Best Buy.

Best Buys service plans are cheaper, too. And how are Best Buys service protection plans? I trust Sears, but no experience with Geek Squad.

Any advise will be taken into consideration.
5 answers Last reply
More about samsung un46c6300 hdtv reviews
  1. Get out of my post, you vultures!

Sorry, that was for some adverts that posted in this thread. THG deleted them!
  2. FYI:

I went with the Samsung 46" LED TV Model UN46C6500, $1599.99 at Best Buy.

The 6300 doesn't stream NetFlix movies, but the 6500 (and above) does. It's more on an "internet TV."

A FEW NOTES:

1.) The sound is AWFUL! Maybe because it's in a wall unit/entertainment center, instead of wall mounted. Don't have the cash for a sound bar, but it is piped thru my Home Theater 7.1 Surround Sound System. A few more buttons to push on the remote....But really, the sound is AWFUL!

2.) The stand/base is sits on it ugly. The TV must sit back 5" inside the cabinet of the wall unit, which makes it look like it's in a box. Aftermarket bases, to make the TV front flush with the wall unit are expensive ($350-$500)! I may have a solution, a custom built one, out of wood. I'll let ya'll know.
  3. Those tiny little 10 watt speakers on the new HDTV's are terrible.

Cheaper than getting a sound bar would be to use your surround sound with one of the Logitech Harmony remotes, they take a bit of tweaking to get working flawlessly, but they are awesome once you get it right.
  4. Thank for reading/responding.

I had a Logitech Harmony One Remote, but the signal wasn't strong enough to go thru the glass on my wall unit! Great device, but I returned it for a Sony Blu-Ray Player. Shoulda waited for a internet enabled player tho.
  5. Just got $100.00 back from Best Buy.

They lowered the sale price to $1,499.99, so I got a "Price Match" refund.

I programmed the Comcast remote to control my A/V Receiver, too. Now it all turns on, and sound is thru the A/V, volume controlled thru the remote. So now I can get Dolby Digital sound thru my HD DVR, via Digital coax. I turned off sound on the TV, using "external speaker" set up, which goes from the TV to the A/V via Optical Cable. But Dolby sounds better thru the CableSTB.

Wife decided that the stand is ok, doesn't bother her that it's set back into the wall unit 5".
Ask a new question

Read More

HDTV LED Monitor Samsung Home Theatre