[40k] - Souldrinkers and what Codex to use....

Morning all.....

Right, I got tempted and purchased a rather nice Marine army on Ebay for
£67.00 based on the Souldrinkers Chapter and consisting :

a.. 5 Space Marine Bikes Painted.
a.. 20 Space Marine Tactical Marines Painted.
a.. 10 Space Marine Assault Marines Painted.
a.. 3 (five man) Space Marine Devastator Squads Painted.
a.. 15 Mutie/Possessed/Wulfen (converted) Space Marines Painted.
a.. 2 (converted) Space Marine Characters Painted.
a.. 30 Chaos Hounds Painted

The question is... which Codex to use to best use this mob ??

I was thinking 13th Company would come pretty close.... any thoughts folks
?

"Snarf'" <hesnot@home.com> wrote in message
> Morning all.....
>
> Right, I got tempted and purchased a rather nice Marine army on Ebay for
> £67.00 based on the Souldrinkers Chapter and consisting :
>
> a.. 5 Space Marine Bikes Painted.
> a.. 20 Space Marine Tactical Marines Painted.
> a.. 10 Space Marine Assault Marines Painted.
> a.. 3 (five man) Space Marine Devastator Squads Painted.
> a.. 15 Mutie/Possessed/Wulfen (converted) Space Marines Painted.
> a.. 2 (converted) Space Marine Characters Painted.
> a.. 30 Chaos Hounds Painted
>
> The question is... which Codex to use to best use this mob ??
>
> I was thinking 13th Company would come pretty close.... any thoughts folks
> ?

that said I just bought a massive painted Ultramarines force today on Ebay
for £215................ about £400 of unpainted and nice paintjobds to boot
so I theink the Souldrinkers will be shelved now for a while

Snarf' wrote on Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:22:52 GMT:

> "Snarf'" <hesnot@home.com> wrote in message news:eek:u7we.8313$G2.66@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> Morning all.....
>>
>> Right, I got tempted and purchased a rather nice Marine army on Ebay for
>> £67.00 based on the Souldrinkers Chapter and consisting :
>>
>> a.. 5 Space Marine Bikes Painted.
>> a.. 20 Space Marine Tactical Marines Painted.
>> a.. 10 Space Marine Assault Marines Painted.
>> a.. 3 (five man) Space Marine Devastator Squads Painted.
>> a.. 15 Mutie/Possessed/Wulfen (converted) Space Marines Painted.
>> a.. 2 (converted) Space Marine Characters Painted.
>> a.. 30 Chaos Hounds Painted
>>
>> The question is... which Codex to use to best use this mob ??
>>
>> I was thinking 13th Company would come pretty close.... any thoughts
>> folks ?
>>
> that said I just bought a massive painted Ultramarines force today on Ebay
> for £215................ about £400 of unpainted and nice paintjobds to
> boot so I theink the Souldrinkers will be shelved now for a while

Send them to me! You obviously have money to burn so you might as well just
give them away :p

Dan

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
> Snarf' wrote on Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:22:52 GMT:
>

>> "Snarf'" <hesnot@home.com> wrote in message
>>> Morning all.....
>>>
>>> Right, I got tempted and purchased a rather nice Marine army on Ebay for
>>> £67.00 based on the Souldrinkers Chapter and consisting :
>>>
>>> a.. 5 Space Marine Bikes Painted.
>>> a.. 20 Space Marine Tactical Marines Painted.
>>> a.. 10 Space Marine Assault Marines Painted.
>>> a.. 3 (five man) Space Marine Devastator Squads Painted.
>>> a.. 15 Mutie/Possessed/Wulfen (converted) Space Marines Painted.
>>> a.. 2 (converted) Space Marine Characters Painted.
>>> a.. 30 Chaos Hounds Painted
>>>
>>> The question is... which Codex to use to best use this mob ??
>>>
>>> I was thinking 13th Company would come pretty close.... any thoughts
>>> folks ?
>>>
>> that said I just bought a massive painted Ultramarines force today on
>> Ebay
>> for £215................ about £400 of unpainted and nice paintjobds to
>> boot so I theink the Souldrinkers will be shelved now for a while
>
> Send them to me! You obviously have money to burn so you might as well
> just give them away :p
>
> Dan
>Dan Dan Daaaan........ That would be wrong, I would not forgive myself if I
fuelled your sad addiction to toy soldiers. No, I fear I must bear that
burden myself and not trouble you further :)

Sorry Dan............. I sold the Souldrinkers yesterday for £360......... a
mark-up of £293 Not bad at all

Snarf' wrote on Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:12:13 GMT:

> Sorry Dan............. I sold the Souldrinkers yesterday for £360.........
> a mark-up of £293 Not bad at all

Not bad. So when are you selling the Ultramarines? Or have you already sold
them? :p

Dan

Funnily enough..............

A guy I sold my Renaiisance collection to for £1200 last year wants to trade
it for the U/M's which if I was tempted would be just under £1000 mark up on
the price I paid........... But there again its a nice army