[40k] - Souldrinkers and what Codex to use....

Morning all.....

Right, I got tempted and purchased a rather nice Marine army on Ebay for
£67.00 based on the Souldrinkers Chapter and consisting :

a.. 5 Space Marine Bikes Painted.
a.. 20 Space Marine Tactical Marines Painted.
a.. 10 Space Marine Assault Marines Painted.
a.. 3 (five man) Space Marine Devastator Squads Painted.
a.. 15 Mutie/Possessed/Wulfen (converted) Space Marines Painted.
a.. 2 (converted) Space Marine Characters Painted.
a.. 30 Chaos Hounds Painted

The question is... which Codex to use to best use this mob ??

I was thinking 13th Company would come pretty close.... any thoughts folks
?
6 answers Last reply
More about souldrinkers codex

    "Snarf'" <hesnot@home.com> wrote in message
    > Morning all.....
    >
    > Right, I got tempted and purchased a rather nice Marine army on Ebay for
    > £67.00 based on the Souldrinkers Chapter and consisting :
    >
    > a.. 5 Space Marine Bikes Painted.
    > a.. 20 Space Marine Tactical Marines Painted.
    > a.. 10 Space Marine Assault Marines Painted.
    > a.. 3 (five man) Space Marine Devastator Squads Painted.
    > a.. 15 Mutie/Possessed/Wulfen (converted) Space Marines Painted.
    > a.. 2 (converted) Space Marine Characters Painted.
    > a.. 30 Chaos Hounds Painted
    >
    > The question is... which Codex to use to best use this mob ??
    >
    > I was thinking 13th Company would come pretty close.... any thoughts folks
    > ?

    that said I just bought a massive painted Ultramarines force today on Ebay
    for £215................ about £400 of unpainted and nice paintjobds to boot
    so I theink the Souldrinkers will be shelved now for a while
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarf' wrote on Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:22:52 GMT:

    > "Snarf'" <hesnot@home.com> wrote in message news:ou7we.8313$G2.66@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    >> Morning all.....
    >>
    >> Right, I got tempted and purchased a rather nice Marine army on Ebay for
    >> £67.00 based on the Souldrinkers Chapter and consisting :
    >>
    >> a.. 5 Space Marine Bikes Painted.
    >> a.. 20 Space Marine Tactical Marines Painted.
    >> a.. 10 Space Marine Assault Marines Painted.
    >> a.. 3 (five man) Space Marine Devastator Squads Painted.
    >> a.. 15 Mutie/Possessed/Wulfen (converted) Space Marines Painted.
    >> a.. 2 (converted) Space Marine Characters Painted.
    >> a.. 30 Chaos Hounds Painted
    >>
    >> The question is... which Codex to use to best use this mob ??
    >>
    >> I was thinking 13th Company would come pretty close.... any thoughts
    >> folks ?
    >>
    > that said I just bought a massive painted Ultramarines force today on Ebay
    > for £215................ about £400 of unpainted and nice paintjobds to
    > boot so I theink the Souldrinkers will be shelved now for a while

    Send them to me! You obviously have money to burn so you might as well just
    give them away :P

    Dan
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Snarf' wrote on Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:22:52 GMT:
    >

    >> "Snarf'" <hesnot@home.com> wrote in message
    >>> Morning all.....
    >>>
    >>> Right, I got tempted and purchased a rather nice Marine army on Ebay for
    >>> £67.00 based on the Souldrinkers Chapter and consisting :
    >>>
    >>> a.. 5 Space Marine Bikes Painted.
    >>> a.. 20 Space Marine Tactical Marines Painted.
    >>> a.. 10 Space Marine Assault Marines Painted.
    >>> a.. 3 (five man) Space Marine Devastator Squads Painted.
    >>> a.. 15 Mutie/Possessed/Wulfen (converted) Space Marines Painted.
    >>> a.. 2 (converted) Space Marine Characters Painted.
    >>> a.. 30 Chaos Hounds Painted
    >>>
    >>> The question is... which Codex to use to best use this mob ??
    >>>
    >>> I was thinking 13th Company would come pretty close.... any thoughts
    >>> folks ?
    >>>
    >> that said I just bought a massive painted Ultramarines force today on
    >> Ebay
    >> for £215................ about £400 of unpainted and nice paintjobds to
    >> boot so I theink the Souldrinkers will be shelved now for a while
    >
    > Send them to me! You obviously have money to burn so you might as well
    > just give them away :P
    >
    > Dan
    >Dan Dan Daaaan........ That would be wrong, I would not forgive myself if I
    fuelled your sad addiction to toy soldiers. No, I fear I must bear that
    burden myself and not trouble you further :)
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Sorry Dan............. I sold the Souldrinkers yesterday for £360......... a
    mark-up of £293 Not bad at all
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarf' wrote on Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:12:13 GMT:

    > Sorry Dan............. I sold the Souldrinkers yesterday for £360.........
    > a mark-up of £293 Not bad at all

    Not bad. So when are you selling the Ultramarines? Or have you already sold
    them? :P

    Dan
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Funnily enough..............

    A guy I sold my Renaiisance collection to for £1200 last year wants to trade
    it for the U/M's which if I was tempted would be just under £1000 mark up on
    the price I paid........... But there again its a nice army

Games Video Games