Little Yellow Popups to tell you what is under your mouse

How do you turn all of these off? I thought this was a professional OS and
with these annoying pop-ups it makes it look childish. If I have a subject
line that is longer than I have shown in Outlook Express I get a yellow
pup-up to show me the rest of the line it is just annoying.

Thanks for any help, Rich
10 answers Last reply
More about little yellow popups mouse

    Rich wrote:
    > How do you turn all of these off? I thought this was a professional
    > OS and with these annoying pop-ups it makes it look childish. If I
    > have a subject line that is longer than I have shown in Outlook
    > Express I get a yellow pup-up to show me the rest of the line it is
    > just annoying.
    > Thanks for any help, Rich

    Professional OS assumes professional user who can tweak their own system I
    would think.
    TweakUI can help you do what you need, as well as a Google search.

    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP
    --
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    > Rich wrote:
    >> How do you turn all of these off? I thought this was a professional
    >> OS and with these annoying pop-ups it makes it look childish. If I
    >> have a subject line that is longer than I have shown in Outlook
    >> Express I get a yellow pup-up to show me the rest of the line it is
    >> just annoying.
    >> Thanks for any help, Rich
    >
    > Professional OS assumes professional user who can tweak their own system I
    > would think.
    > TweakUI can help you do what you need, as well as a Google search.

    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    OK downloaded it and turned off every kind of help popup I could find and
    still OE still shows the yellow bar to show what is hidden because the
    subject line isn't wide enough for the people that write a book on that
    line.

    But thanks for the help, Rich

    Rich,

    The description can be shortened in the properties of each icon.
    This is Microsoft's solution to the annoyence. The applause is.... silence.

    --
    Don
    Vancouver, USA

    "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message

    > "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>> How do you turn all of these off? I thought this was a professional
    >>> OS and with these annoying pop-ups it makes it look childish. If I
    >>> have a subject line that is longer than I have shown in Outlook
    >>> Express I get a yellow pup-up to show me the rest of the line it is
    >>> just annoying.
    >>> Thanks for any help, Rich
    >>
    >> Professional OS assumes professional user who can tweak their own system
    >> I would think.
    >> TweakUI can help you do what you need, as well as a Google search.
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >>
    >> --
    >> Shenan Stanley
    >> MS-MVP
    >> --
    >> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    >>

    > OK downloaded it and turned off every kind of help popup I could find and
    > still OE still shows the yellow bar to show what is hidden because the
    > subject line isn't wide enough for the people that write a book on that
    > line.
    >
    > But thanks for the help, Rich

    I suggest you leave the pop ups on in this professional system. They are
    there until a person learns enough about their "professional" O/S to know
    how to turn them off.

    If you insist upon doing so, install TweakUI from

    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    Rich wrote:
    > OK downloaded it and turned off every kind of help popup I could find
    > and still OE still shows the yellow bar to show what is hidden
    > because the subject line isn't wide enough for the people that write
    > a book on that line.
    >
    > But thanks for the help, Rich

    winguides.com - in their registry section.
    Kelly's web site from these newsgroups.
    etc..

    All TweakUI does is registry edits - so.. You could have done this without
    the third party (it's not really - it is Microsofts - although unsupported.)
    application. As for OE - what?! That's different.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:21:25 -0500, "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com>
    wrote:

    >OK downloaded it and turned off every kind of help popup I could find and
    >still OE ...<snip>

    Um...power users don't use OE. Get with the program, dude.

    FYI, those "little yellow popups" are known as ToolTips. Search on that
    term for further info.

    AFAIK, you can not completely turn off ToolTips; you can turn off Balloon
    Tips tho, see KB 307729. see also KB 288186 on how you can modify
    tooltips.

    "Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:21:25 -0500, "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>OK downloaded it and turned off every kind of help popup I could find and
    >>still OE ...<snip>
    >
    > Um...power users don't use OE. Get with the program, dude.

    Thanks dude, see you on the next curl dude!!

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 19:19:22 -0500, "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com>
    wrote:

    >Thanks dude, see you on the next curl dude!!

    K, dude!

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:42:47 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

    >On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:21:25 -0500, "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>OK downloaded it and turned off every kind of help popup I could find and
    >>still OE ...<snip>
    >
    >Um...power users don't use OE. Get with the program, dude.

    Speak for yourself, dude. I use what works for me and OE does. I do
    use Agent for one mailbox.
    --
    Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

Mice Microsoft Outlook Express Windows XP