ohoraherecaptain

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Hello,
Hi. My E drive USB is telling me that it needs to be formatted but I have work on it that I did earlier this week. I can't seem to access my word files and have no idea what exactly is going on? Can you help?
John.

ohoraherecaptain

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for the tip but have already been there.
I'm on W7 and under Tools you get the Error - checking option.
Unfortunately, when I click on the Check Now button I get the message: The disk check could not be performed because........
If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate any help I can get.
Cheers.
JOH.

ohoraherecaptain

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

Hi and thank you once again for getting back to me. I'm finally getting somewhere.
I got to disk management and sure enough I see my 'E' Drive with 7.86 GB RAW showing as well as stating its healthy [Primary Partition].
I don't however, get the upload an image [/quotemesg] you proposed and also feel a little confused as I have no image files on the USB??
When I right click I get: 'Change Drive Letters and Paths' but I haven't gone there.
Theres a Properties button at the bottom, when I right click it says the 'E' drive has 0 bytes so I'm going to wait to hear from you before I move on.
Cheers.
JOH.

ohoraherecaptain

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
I've tried it on XP yesterday and it didn't even show on screen. When I inserted a different USB in the same port - that showed. Am using Win 7. I haven't used 'BadCopy Pro Mode 2 yet' it says:

If files on your damaged disk can not be listed under Windows, or the disk is inaccesible and Windows prompts you to format, or files were deleted and other situations that files can not be seen or accessed, use this mode.

ohoraherecaptain

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
OK. Did that and its good to see the icons up. However, the only files that open correctly are under 'Image Viewer'. There's also a HEX and Text Viewer but while the Word Icon shows well when you click on either of these files they open corrupted. Not sure where to go from here other than save them.

ohoraherecaptain

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
These guys were very helpful but BCP did not work.
At least, messages like this help me feel that its still on the disk: The size of the file “c:\Users\user\Documents\SAVED FILES\$ROOT00105\Finding Form 1\Part 3.docx” exceeds the 64KB limit for FAT 32
Another company states that the Status of the file is 'Excellent', the size is '95 KB', the Date Created was '25/09/2012' and the Date Modified was '04/10/2012', Time '18:10'. That is the correct file although I'm not sure if 95KB is all the data?? It was roughly 20 pages of text.
Got any other ideas?