30-bit Displays?

NEC 2490WUXi or NEC 2690WUXi.

The HP and the NEC monitors use a 10-bit Look Up Table for better, more accurate colors. Of course, this creates a little bit of input lag. For example, both NEC 2690WUXi and the Planar PX2611w (no 10-bit LUT) uses the same H-IPS panel, however Planar's input lag is at most 16ms compared to 2690WUXi's of 32ms.

LED backlighting has no advantages over conventional CCFL (compact cold florescent lamps) other than lower power consumption. But LED backlighting costs more.

The main difference between the 2490WUXi and the 2690WUXi (other than size) is the 24" has standard color gamut of 72% - 74% vs. the 26" which has wide color gamut of 92%. Photo and graphics professional tends to prefer the 24" with standard gamut because it produces truer whites and greens are not over saturated and sRGB mode colors are more accurate.

I like my 2690WUXi a lot, but I have to agree that saturation of greens on wide gamut monitors are a bit too much for my tastes and it very difficult to compensate for without impacting accuracy of other colors. I have a Fallout 3 wallpaper with the ruins of the Capitol building in the background and an armored Brotherhood of Steel soldier in the foreground. The armor itself definitely is over-saturated with green.