Incorrect Wireless Security Key

Hi,
I'm having trouble re-installing my wireless adaptor (MN-
720).
My base station is set to NO SECURITY.
but the adaptor still says "Incorrect security key" and
won't let me connect to the net.

I noticed that after this problem started appearing..a new
network is displayed in the list. Mine is called MSHOME
and the other is called leopold. I'm assuming its my
neighbors. Can this be an interference issue?

Thank you for your assistance.
2 answers Last reply
More about incorrect wireless security

    Check the ip address it will show u 169.254.x.x
    try to release and renew the ip address
    it will show u dchp request timed out or winsock error
    if it show winsock error then reinstall tcp/ip stack
    because the tcp/ip of wireless might be corrupted

    Very possible you are trying to get into your neighbors
    network accidentally, right

    Seriously, check that your card and the router are on the
    same channel.

    On the settings for your card, also add your network to the
    list of preferred networks -- ideally use an SSID that is
    unique to avoid conflicts with other neighbors using the
    default MSHOME. You need to change the SSID on the router
    and card.

    Finally, make sure that Windows Zero Configuration is
    checked on the wifi card settings (for XP).

Routers Wireless Security Microsoft Networking