[WD] [40k] Are the 4th Ed Deathwatch rules in US WD 305?

(side note: this is my first attempt at posting via Google groups,
since I'm on the road right now: apologies if this screws up or strips
the tags from my subject line)

Like the title says, I'm trying to hunt down the new Deathwatch rules
that were in a recent Chapter Approved. I saw a mention of them in
Phil's review of AUS WD 306 - am I correct in assuming that as usual,
the US version will have this article in its issue #305? The reason I
ask is that my FLGS has sold out of that one; the owner can still get
me a copy from his distributor, but I don't want to buy it if that
article isn't in there. I know there is a distressing tendency for the
US magazine to lack articles from the other versions. Also, did the
article have any modeling tips, art or pictured minis?

Thanks.

Ken Coble
5 answers Last reply
More about deathwatch rules

    Kenneth Coble wrote:
    > (side note: this is my first attempt at posting via Google groups,
    > since I'm on the road right now: apologies if this screws up or strips
    > the tags from my subject line)
    >
    > Like the title says, I'm trying to hunt down the new Deathwatch rules
    > that were in a recent Chapter Approved. I saw a mention of them in
    > Phil's review of AUS WD 306 - am I correct in assuming that as usual,
    > the US version will have this article in its issue #305? The reason I
    > ask is that my FLGS has sold out of that one; the owner can still get
    > me a copy from his distributor, but I don't want to buy it if that
    > article isn't in there. I know there is a distressing tendency for the
    > US magazine to lack articles from the other versions. Also, did the
    > article have any modeling tips, art or pictured minis?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Ken Coble

    Looking at the table of contenets for USWD 305 I see no Deathwatch, Just
    kill team. Hope that helps!

    -Joe
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Kenneth Coble" <flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Desert Joe wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> Looking at the table of contenets for USWD 305 I see no Deathwatch,
    >> Just kill team. Hope that helps!
    >>

    > Damnit. Guess now I need to try and snag a copy of the UK or AUS version
    > on eBay then. Thanks for the heads-up.
    >
    > I do love how GW cuts articles out of the US version. Rat bastards.

    Kill team is the Deathwatch - the full title is "Deathwatch Kill Teams".

    GW US may have taken the WD 305 page down, but it's still cached on Google
    at

    http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:xjS8ltW0PkwJ:maps.games-workshop.com/news/whitedwarf/default.htm

    Dan
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Also be sure to pick up 306 for the part they messed up!
    captain has no wargear, points for plas/flame are wrong
    They also missused the word Rhino Page 5 of USWD306

    Byeee
    -Joe
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Spack wrote:
    > "Kenneth Coble" <flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Desert Joe wrote:
    >><snip>
    >>
    >>>Looking at the table of contenets for USWD 305 I see no Deathwatch,
    >>>Just kill team. Hope that helps!
    >>>

    >>Damnit. Guess now I need to try and snag a copy of the UK or AUS version
    >>on eBay then. Thanks for the heads-up.
    >>
    >>I do love how GW cuts articles out of the US version. Rat bastards.
    >

    > Kill team is the Deathwatch - the full title is "Deathwatch Kill Teams".
    >
    > GW US may have taken the WD 305 page down, but it's still cached on Google
    > at
    >
    > http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:xjS8ltW0PkwJ:maps.games-workshop.com/news/whitedwarf/default.htm
    >
    > Dan

    AH! I see what I did now. I looked at 306 rather than 305 it is on page
    99 in 305. Now the cover that's on that link is 306 so that confused me too.
    -Joe
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    <ironavengers@ridgenet.net> wrote in message
    > Also be sure to pick up 306 for the part they messed up!
    > captain has no wargear, points for plas/flame are wrong
    > They also missused the word Rhino Page 5 of USWD306

    Just to save Ken the hassle here's the errata from WD306:

    Captain costs 60 points and doesn't come with any equipment. He
    may select items from the SM Armory.

    Options section: Plasma guns are +10pts and Flamers are +6pts
    (not +6 and +3).

    The bit about not being able to Deep Strike in a Rhino should say
    "transport".

    Yes I bought a White Dwarf magazine for the first time in ages.
    I must say the articles seem much more fresh and original when
    you only read the magazine once every two years.

    --

    -smithdoerr

Western Digital Google Games Video Games