[WD] [40k] Are the 4th Ed Deathwatch rules in US WD 305?

Last response: in Video Games
July 9, 2005 9:26:16 PM

(side note: this is my first attempt at posting via Google groups,
since I'm on the road right now: apologies if this screws up or strips
the tags from my subject line)

Like the title says, I'm trying to hunt down the new Deathwatch rules
that were in a recent Chapter Approved. I saw a mention of them in
Phil's review of AUS WD 306 - am I correct in assuming that as usual,
the US version will have this article in its issue #305? The reason I
ask is that my FLGS has sold out of that one; the owner can still get
me a copy from his distributor, but I don't want to buy it if that
article isn't in there. I know there is a distressing tendency for the
US magazine to lack articles from the other versions. Also, did the
article have any modeling tips, art or pictured minis?

Thanks.

Ken Coble
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:10:21 AM

Kenneth Coble wrote:
> (side note: this is my first attempt at posting via Google groups,
> since I'm on the road right now: apologies if this screws up or strips
> the tags from my subject line)
>
> Like the title says, I'm trying to hunt down the new Deathwatch rules
> that were in a recent Chapter Approved. I saw a mention of them in
> Phil's review of AUS WD 306 - am I correct in assuming that as usual,
> the US version will have this article in its issue #305? The reason I
> ask is that my FLGS has sold out of that one; the owner can still get
> me a copy from his distributor, but I don't want to buy it if that
> article isn't in there. I know there is a distressing tendency for the
> US magazine to lack articles from the other versions. Also, did the
> article have any modeling tips, art or pictured minis?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ken Coble

Looking at the table of contenets for USWD 305 I see no Deathwatch, Just
kill team. Hope that helps!

-Joe
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:17:26 AM

"Kenneth Coble" <flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> Desert Joe wrote:
> <snip>
>> Looking at the table of contenets for USWD 305 I see no Deathwatch,
>> Just kill team. Hope that helps!
>>

> Damnit. Guess now I need to try and snag a copy of the UK or AUS version
> on eBay then. Thanks for the heads-up.
>
> I do love how GW cuts articles out of the US version. Rat bastards.

Kill team is the Deathwatch - the full title is "Deathwatch Kill Teams".

GW US may have taken the WD 305 page down, but it's still cached on Google
at

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:xjS8ltW0PkwJ:maps.g...

Dan
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:32:21 PM

Also be sure to pick up 306 for the part they messed up!
captain has no wargear, points for plas/flame are wrong
They also missused the word Rhino Page 5 of USWD306

Byeee
-Joe
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:45:52 AM

Spack wrote:
> "Kenneth Coble" <flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Desert Joe wrote:
>><snip>
>>
>>>Looking at the table of contenets for USWD 305 I see no Deathwatch,
>>>Just kill team. Hope that helps!
>>>

>>Damnit. Guess now I need to try and snag a copy of the UK or AUS version
>>on eBay then. Thanks for the heads-up.
>>
>>I do love how GW cuts articles out of the US version. Rat bastards.
>

> Kill team is the Deathwatch - the full title is "Deathwatch Kill Teams".
>
> GW US may have taken the WD 305 page down, but it's still cached on Google
> at
>
> http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:xjS8ltW0PkwJ:maps.g...
>
> Dan

AH! I see what I did now. I looked at 306 rather than 305 it is on page
99 in 305. Now the cover that's on that link is 306 so that confused me too.
-Joe
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:59:48 PM

<ironavengers@ridgenet.net> wrote in message
> Also be sure to pick up 306 for the part they messed up!
> captain has no wargear, points for plas/flame are wrong
> They also missused the word Rhino Page 5 of USWD306

Just to save Ken the hassle here's the errata from WD306:

Captain costs 60 points and doesn't come with any equipment. He
may select items from the SM Armory.

Options section: Plasma guns are +10pts and Flamers are +6pts
(not +6 and +3).

The bit about not being able to Deep Strike in a Rhino should say
"transport".

Yes I bought a White Dwarf magazine for the first time in ages.
I must say the articles seem much more fresh and original when
you only read the magazine once every two years.

--

-smithdoerr
!