"Eric A. Johnson" <vze1mx2h@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:EUAAe.6258$Zy6.981@trnddc04...

> "Playa" <hurlgen40k@aol.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0101COMPANY&orignav=10
>>
>> Such a deal!
>>

>> Playa
>
> Looks like they charge you 8 pounds to put it together for you if my math
> is correct. What a deal!

Oops, my error - forgot that the assault marine boxes have five marines and
you get two 10 man squads. Looks like the deal comes out to 534.00 GBP for a
savings of 52 GBP.

I wonder how much this would cost me out of GW US?

Eric A. Johnson wrote:
> "Eric A. Johnson" <vze1mx2h@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Playa" <hurlgen40k@aol.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hey,
>>>
>>>http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0101COMPANY&orignav=10
>>>
>>>Such a deal!
>>>

>>> Playa
>>
>>Looks like they charge you 8 pounds to put it together for you if my math
>>is correct. What a deal!
>

> Oops, my error - forgot that the assault marine boxes have five marines and
> you get two 10 man squads. Looks like the deal comes out to 534.00 GBP for a
> savings of 52 GBP.
>
> I wonder how much this would cost me out of GW US?

Likey $964 if they offered it. $ being almost without exception 2 x £
Joe

"Desert Joe" <jboster@ridgnet.barf> wrote in message
> Eric A. Johnson wrote:
>> "Eric A. Johnson" <vze1mx2h@verizon.net> wrote in message

SNIP
>> I wonder how much this would cost me out of GW US?
> Likey $964 if they offered it. $ being almost without exception 2 x £
> Joe

Without a "special deal" it comes to $990.00 GW US website prices. Todays
exchange rate has the UK deal costing about $847, not counting the cost of
postage - which could be sizable at 8 GBP ($14) per kilo.

At the very least it shows an example of how much it does cost to fill a FOC
for 40K.

Eric A. Johnson wrote:
> Without a "special deal" it comes to $990.00 GW US website prices.

Considering the bulk of the buy, one should get 35-40% discount, making
things much more reasonable.

> At the very least it shows an example of how much it does cost to fill a FOC
> for 40K.

Nonsense. I can fill a FOC for about a third. It depends on what you
want to field, and how fully you want to fill it. Shrink down the unit
sizes to minimum SM, no transports and it's 20 Tacs for HQ & Elite; 30
Tacs for Troops; 5 Assault & 2 Landspeeders for Fast; 15 Devastators =
5x $35 + $25 + 2x $20 + 3x $45 = ~$350.

\-|-/

> "Desert Joe" <jboster@ridgnet.barf> wrote in message
>> Eric A. Johnson wrote:
>>> "Eric A. Johnson" <vze1mx2h@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>
> SNIP
>>> I wonder how much this would cost me out of GW US?
>> Likey $964 if they offered it. $ being almost without exception 2 x £
>> Joe
>
> Without a "special deal" it comes to $990.00 GW US website prices. Todays
> exchange rate has the UK deal costing about $847, not counting the cost of
> postage - which could be sizable at 8 GBP ($14) per kilo.
>
> At the very least it shows an example of how much it does cost to fill a
> FOC for 40K.

It's not a FOC - there are 6 Heavy Support choices there (2 x predator,
whirlwind, land raider, 2 x devastator), and only 2 Elites and 2 Fast
Attack.

Dan

TRENDING THREADS