Toshiba 57hx81 no power

Toshiba 57HX81....no picture......red light on power button flashing. I've seen new bulb needed and some other possible fixes. Please advise if it is worth researching getting parts / repaired. Paid $500 for it 3 yrs ago. Thanks,
sadefeo@comcast.net
2 answers Last reply
More about toshiba 57hx81 power
  1. Good chance you have a convergence circuit failure, which is very common on a projection this age. The parts are about 60 bucks, chips and fuses. The hard part is getting someone to fix it for under $250 labor - it is just an awful tv to work on difficulty-wise. I would go after this repair as long as you have no other issues with the set.
  2. mrtired said:
    Good chance you have a convergence circuit failure, which is very common on a projection this age. The parts are about 60 bucks, chips and fuses. The hard part is getting someone to fix it for under $250 labor - it is just an awful tv to work on difficulty-wise. I would go after this repair as long as you have no other issues with the set.

I have the same problem with my toshiba. The thing is i do not know if there are any other issues with the TV. Could it be the picture tube also
Ask a new question

Read More

HDTV Light Power Toshiba Home Theatre