(40K)(Paint) Tyranid paint guide?

Last response: in Video Games
July 13, 2005 12:29:45 PM

Anyone know of a decent online painting guide for 'Nids? Preferably one with
pictures? I've been looking, but cant find one. I want to do a good job on
my Ravener, and Id like to see how best to paint it.

Thx

drgrbek
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 7:03:18 AM

Ryan Elkins wrote:
> Anyone know of a decent online painting guide for 'Nids? Preferably one with
> pictures? I've been looking, but cant find one. I want to do a good job on
> my Ravener, and Id like to see how best to paint it.

IMO, the 40k4 rulebook army (p.175) is pretty decent, just needs a bit
of tweaking. The problem is that the black carapaces and bodies don't
show off any texture or definition.

I'd the the following:
1. prime black,
2. spray the bodies medium brown,
3. blend the carapace edges to a dark brown,
4. paint the weapons / wings bleached bone,
5. dip them in a very dark brown, and
6. detail with yellow/white markings on the carapaces.
7. highlight eyes to bright green,
8. base in dark green foliage or dark grey slate.

This would really enhance the carapace / skin / weapons definition, show
off all of the texture, and unify as an army. The bright markings and
green eyes would show clearly as bright contrast. Minimal precision
work (spraying brown and dipping) allows this to paint up fairly quickly.

\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
July 14, 2005 4:20:05 PM

John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
>>Snip
Thanks! Im getting much speedier and precise painting my SMs (Bunches of
advice from y'all helped!), but I really wanted a "breakdown" of how one
should/shouldnt paint the "Nids. I like the color scheme you suggested. Nice
and grungy! Ive pretty much decided to use a white base coat and warm
colors, with the main one being red. Im taking step-by-step photos, and Im
going to put them one one of those photo-hosting sites, so you y'all can
take a peek, and give me advice/pointers/moral support.

Thanks again!

drgrbek
!