Dual Boot Problem

Hi All,

I need some help with a dual boot problem.

I have Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 as a dual boot, i had to reinstall
windows XP and ever since i am unable to logon to the Server 2003. When i get
the initial screen asking me to choose which operating system, whenever i
choose the Server 2003 it just reboots itself. I do not want to rebuild the
server as i have started a 2003 MCSE course and have a lot of work that i
don;t want to lose.

Can anyone help.

Kind Regards

--
Peter
2 answers Last reply

    Peter F wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need some help with a dual boot problem.
    >
    > I have Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 as a dual boot, i had to
    > reinstall windows XP and ever since i am unable to logon to the Server
    > 2003. When i get the initial screen asking me to choose which
    > operating system, whenever i choose the Server 2003 it just reboots
    > itself. I do not want to rebuild the server as i have started a 2003
    > MCSE course and have a lot of work that i don;t want to lose.

    Your reinstallation of XP has overwritten Server's boot files. If you
    are going to become an MCSE, the first thing you should learn how to do
    is use Google. This will tell you how to repair Server's boot files and
    bootloader.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=repair+Server+2003+boot+files&btnG=Search

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke,

    Thank you very much mate....i will take heed and remember this tip.

    Kind Regards.

    --
    Peter

    "Malke" wrote:

    > Peter F wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I need some help with a dual boot problem.
    > >
    > > I have Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 as a dual boot, i had to
    > > reinstall windows XP and ever since i am unable to logon to the Server
    > > 2003. When i get the initial screen asking me to choose which
    > > operating system, whenever i choose the Server 2003 it just reboots
    > > itself. I do not want to rebuild the server as i have started a 2003
    > > MCSE course and have a lot of work that i don;t want to lose.
    > >
    > Your reinstallation of XP has overwritten Server's boot files. If you
    > are going to become an MCSE, the first thing you should learn how to do
    > is use Google. This will tell you how to repair Server's boot files and
    > bootloader.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=repair+Server+2003+boot+files&btnG=Search
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Windows Server 2003 Dual Boot Servers Windows XP