Dual Boot Problem

July 30, 2005 1:34:01 PM

Hi All,

I need some help with a dual boot problem.

I have Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 as a dual boot, i had to reinstall
windows XP and ever since i am unable to logon to the Server 2003. When i get
the initial screen asking me to choose which operating system, whenever i
choose the Server 2003 it just reboots itself. I do not want to rebuild the
server as i have started a 2003 MCSE course and have a lot of work that i
don;t want to lose.

Can anyone help.

Kind Regards

--
Peter

More about : dual boot problem

July 30, 2005 1:46:57 PM

Peter F wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need some help with a dual boot problem.
>
> I have Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 as a dual boot, i had to
> reinstall windows XP and ever since i am unable to logon to the Server
> 2003. When i get the initial screen asking me to choose which
> operating system, whenever i choose the Server 2003 it just reboots
> itself. I do not want to rebuild the server as i have started a 2003
> MCSE course and have a lot of work that i don;t want to lose.

Your reinstallation of XP has overwritten Server's boot files. If you
are going to become an MCSE, the first thing you should learn how to do
is use Google. This will tell you how to repair Server's boot files and
bootloader.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=repair+Server+...

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Malke,

Thank you very much mate....i will take heed and remember this tip.

Kind Regards.

--
Peter

!