Sign in with
Your question

Laptop for school which video card? thanks

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 11, 2009 2:20:22 AM

Hey guy's on Thursday I'm buying my laptop from dell because I get a 10% discount from them through my school. I'm in between a Studio 17 and a Studio XPS 16, both are priced with in 25 dollars of each other. I have picked the I7 1.6ghz processor 6GB DDR3 1333mhz memory, the nice displays and 9 cell batteries on both. I lean toward the XPS 16, because it seems smaller and easier to lug around. I guess my deciding factor is the video card, both have 1gb but the XPS 16 has a ATI HD 4670 and the Studio 17 has a ATI HD 4650. I've tried to read up and research as much as I can, but I can't get a straight answer on which is the better video card. I do game but not much (no time). I do need a reliable machine as this will be my primary PC for the next 3 years. Any advice would be great. thanks again
a b D Laptop
November 11, 2009 2:44:46 AM

The 4670 is a slightly better card. With card from the same company (say ATI for this example) the higher the number, the better the card. So with ATI's cards it's 4870 > 4850 > 4670 > 4650. the difference isn't going to be huge, but it is better.

Take a look: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-G...
!