[40k][INQ] how to convert weapon stats

Are there any formulas to convert standard WH40k weapon stats to Inquisitor
weapon stats?
The Inquisitor rulebook only contains the stats for some weapons and I would
like to add more weapons from the WH40k universe to Inquisitor..

copx

In article <db7o9l$of7$02$1@news.t-online.com>, copx,
invalid@invalid.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> Are there any formulas to convert standard WH40k weapon stats to Inquisitor
> weapon stats?
> The Inquisitor rulebook only contains the stats for some weapons and I would
> like to add more weapons from the WH40k universe to Inquisitor..
>
> copx

I haven't seen or heard of any formula - but then we're talking
about something created largely by Gav. Logic and Gav are rarely on
speaking terms apparently. Considering that GW had to release a good
bit of errata for the game right after the rules were released, the game
is at best described as 'incomplete'. Your best bet is to look at the
40K S and AP values of weapons already covered by the Inq rules and
extrapolate from there. That said however, don't be surprised if there
isn't a consistent formula. At the time Inq was released GW & Gav were
still heavily using the S.W.A.G (Simply a Wild Ass Guess) method of
mechanics balance.

Myrmidon

--
RGMW has always been brutally honest. It's probably why we're
considered the scum of the GW gaming community.

- Fog

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

"copx" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message

> Are there any formulas to convert standard WH40k weapon stats to
> Inquisitor weapon stats?

no - inquisitor is a completely different game with different emphases and
gameplay aspects, so any mathematical formula wouldn't work very well except
by chance. you'll have noticed that heavy weapons in inquisitor are mostly
too awkward to be useful, for example. you gotta start from scratch
really - figure out what you want the weapons to do within the framework of
the inquisitor system, rather than taking whatever they do in the 40K system
and trying to translate them directly.

"Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "copx" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
>
>> Are there any formulas to convert standard WH40k weapon stats to
>> Inquisitor weapon stats?
>
> no - inquisitor is a completely different game with different emphases and
> gameplay aspects, so any mathematical formula wouldn't work very well
> except by chance. you'll have noticed that heavy weapons in inquisitor
> are mostly too awkward to be useful, for example. you gotta start from
> scratch really - figure out what you want the weapons to do within the
> framework of the inquisitor system, rather than taking whatever they do in
> the 40K system and trying to translate them directly.

Well, ok. I guess I'll have to do that then.

copx