ad4tz

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I have a Sony Digital 8 Fireware DV camcorder. It has video (composite and S-Video) inputs that it will convert to fireware digital format and make this video and audio availble at the firewire 1394 output. I need firewire capture software that will capture this converted video and audio from the 1394 firewire cable without sending Start/Stop/Rewind/Forward commands to my camcorder. These commands cause the camcorder to go into play mode, with overrides the analog video that I am trying to capture. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This camcorder has this analog to 1394 coversion feature so it seems like there has to be software somewhere that can utilize this feature. Thanks, Eddy

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
There are lots of video capture in the market today, I can named few of them Adobe Premiere CS5, Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas 10.

About your case - usually when you purchase a video transfer software it is bundled with a hardware. You make sure that hardware has a composite, S-Video, firewire 400 or 800, 1394 or HDMI.

I think in your case why the camcorder go into play mode because you set the drop frames the other way. Try transferring the video in analog without the conversion.

ad4tz

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011

You are missing my point. I do not want to capture in analog. I want to use the camcorder to convert from analog to digital 1394 video. But all the capture software that I can find sends the play command to the camera when the capture is started. I need software that will allow me to turn off the function that sends the 'PLAY' command and capture without sending any commands to the camera.