[WFB] Congratulations All Around

It was a great Warhammer Fantasy Battles RTT yesterday at Grailquest
(today is the 40K RTT). I can't remember all the winners, though the
organizer is e-mailing them to me for inclusion in an online report.
I just want to congratulate two guys who really deserve it.

First, the winner of the RTT, Cliff Kump. This guy really knows his
Vamp Counts and stunned people with no Black Knights, no Blood
Dragons, nothing like that. He had mostly skeletons, with some Dire
Wolves, Ghouls, and a Black Coach (I believe also a Spirit Host too),
led by a Necrarch with some Necromancers. Cliff's a nice guy to play,
too. It's hard to beat him while he's raising dozens of skeletons a
turn.

The second man to congratulate is someone you all know, Mr. Steve
Grohowski, and his family as well. They provided an actual war hammer
to give as the top prize for the tournament, and it really made people
play to a higher level. Kudos to Mr. Grohowski and his family for
making this RTT even more memorable!

I've got a picture of Cliff swinging the hammer at a smiling Steve
Sutton, so I'll post that when I scan it.
-Erik

It was a cold day in September when Erik Setzer entered the world pub known
as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> It was a great Warhammer Fantasy Battles RTT yesterday at Grailquest
> (today is the 40K RTT). I can't remember all the winners, though the
> organizer is e-mailing them to me for inclusion in an online report.
> I just want to congratulate two guys who really deserve it.
>
> First, the winner of the RTT, Cliff Kump. This guy really knows his
> Vamp Counts and stunned people with no Black Knights, no Blood
> Dragons, nothing like that. He had mostly skeletons, with some Dire
> Wolves, Ghouls, and a Black Coach (I believe also a Spirit Host too),
> led by a Necrarch with some Necromancers. Cliff's a nice guy to play,
> too. It's hard to beat him while he's raising dozens of skeletons a
> turn.
>
> The second man to congratulate is someone you all know, Mr. Steve
> Grohowski, and his family as well. They provided an actual war hammer
> to give as the top prize for the tournament, and it really made people
> play to a higher level. Kudos to Mr. Grohowski and his family for
> making this RTT even more memorable!
>
> I've got a picture of Cliff swinging the hammer at a smiling Steve
> Sutton, so I'll post that when I scan it.
> -Erik

Sounds like the kind of a convention that was worth the price of admission,
from the last few I went to, that is a very rare thing, and one of the
reasons I stopped going to them.
--
Jim M

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com