Sign in with
Your question

Monitor no longer displaying whole screen

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 13, 2009 12:45:37 PM

Recently had to send a Samsung 932MW monitor back to ebuyer for repair (black bar on the side of the screen) and it's come back fixed, however it seems like they've installed the wrong software for the monitor.

my monitor is a native 1440x900 screen size at 19" however the monitor is suggesting an optimal resolution of 1680x1050, which in turn suggests that the software is that of a 22" monitor. it looks odd in resolution 1440x900. the screen does not display the far right side and bottom of the desktop as these areas extend off of the screen, perhaps because the monitor software thinks the screen is 22' instead of the actual 19' that it is.

i really dont want to send it back again, i've tried updating drivers etc. etc. obviously this made no difference as it exists on the TV function of the monitor too. i'm pretty sure the actual software on the monitor is wrong, can i fix this myself or is it another RMA?
June 18, 2009 3:46:21 AM

What do you mean installed wrong software for the monitor? Did you send in your whole computer or just the monitor?
Related resources
!