[40K] New addition to Tau Empire?

Either this is an elaborate wind-up, or a concept sketch for the updated
codex has been leaked to warseer:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6736

A bit Tyrannic, but I'm liking it.

Tim
--
----------------
I love the smell of vomit in the newsgroup, it smells like...VICTORY!

If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.

A bit odd, but I quite like it - and the new Tau flamer design is good;
who's guessing other units will have access to handheld flamers in the
new book? Let's hope it isn't a substitute for adding new Tau units, or
at this rate there'll be more non-Tau units in the Codex than Tau ones.

As an aside, I'm really interested in Imperial Armour 3 - if only Forge
World didn't make their books out of resin (well, how else to explain
the price?)...

Philip Bowles

><pbow...@aol.com> wrote in message

>>A bit odd, but I quite like it - and the new Tau flamer design is good;
>> who's guessing other units will have access to handheld flamers in the
>> new book? Let's hope it isn't a substitute for adding new Tau units, or
>> at this rate there'll be more non-Tau units in the Codex than Tau ones.
>

>I reckon somebody was reading when you and me were arguing about what role
>each Tau unit should have as its default, and decided to throw a spanner in
>the works by adding new stuff to fill those roles :) . The flamer makes me
>suspect that the new race (the Warseer thread has already picked up the name
>'Vespid' for these creatures from somewhere)

Makes sense - they do look vaguely waspish. Sounds like a name that's
been used somewhere before, though.

>might fill the 'special weapons
>team' role I wanted Gue'vesa to carry out.

Wouldn't be at all surprised - what with wings acting as jump packs
too. Looking at the pictures I'd certainly be more inclined to use
these than Crisis suits, and it will likely give the Tau an Elite
infantry unit.

Philip Bowles

<pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
>A bit odd, but I quite like it - and the new Tau flamer design is good;
> who's guessing other units will have access to handheld flamers in the
> new book? Let's hope it isn't a substitute for adding new Tau units, or
> at this rate there'll be more non-Tau units in the Codex than Tau ones.

I reckon somebody was reading when you and me were arguing about what role
each Tau unit should have as its default, and decided to throw a spanner in
the works by adding new stuff to fill those roles :) . The flamer makes me
suspect that the new race (the Warseer thread has already picked up the name
'Vespid' for these creatures from somewhere) might fill the 'special weapons
team' role I wanted Gue'vesa to carry out.

All a bit academic to me though - in order to stick to my theme I'll have to
knock together some elaborate conversion from human models to include any
new units in my 'Not-Tau' army anyway. I'm seeing some long nights in my
future spent converting....

Tim
--
----------------

pbowles@aol.com wrote:
>><pbow...@aol.com> wrote in message

>>>A bit odd, but I quite like it - and the new Tau flamer design is good;
>>>who's guessing other units will have access to handheld flamers in the
>>>new book? Let's hope it isn't a substitute for adding new Tau units, or
>>>at this rate there'll be more non-Tau units in the Codex than Tau ones.
>>

>>I reckon somebody was reading when you and me were arguing about what role
>>each Tau unit should have as its default, and decided to throw a spanner in
>>the works by adding new stuff to fill those roles :) . The flamer makes me
>>suspect that the new race (the Warseer thread has already picked up the name
>>'Vespid' for these creatures from somewhere)
>

> Makes sense - they do look vaguely waspish. Sounds like a name that's
> been used somewhere before, though.
>

>>might fill the 'special weapons
>>team' role I wanted Gue'vesa to carry out.
>

> Wouldn't be at all surprised - what with wings acting as jump packs
> too. Looking at the pictures I'd certainly be more inclined to use
> these than Crisis suits, and it will likely give the Tau an Elite
> infantry unit.
>
> Philip Bowles

I thought the little guys with wing were supposed to carry sonic guns?!
At least they did in Attack of the Clones...
-Joe

PS the all human TAU army seems fun! I would go very anime in
coloration. Lots of Primary colors. But Watching Gundam always makes me
want to play TAU.

> PS the all human TAU army seems fun! I would go very anime in coloration.
> Lots of Primary colors. But Watching Gundam always makes me want to play
> TAU.

*hums the Robotech opening theme*

elfbard wrote:
>>PS the all human TAU army seems fun! I would go very anime in coloration.
>>Lots of Primary colors. But Watching Gundam always makes me want to play
>>TAU.
>

> *hums the Robotech opening theme*

Hey, I have the Robotch Record. I also have the complete Macross
recordings 3 cd set. I did paint a pace amrine like a Gundam one time.
Looked pretty good white w/blue torso, red eagle

Desert Joe wrote:

> elfbard wrote:
>>>PS the all human TAU army seems fun! I would go very anime in coloration.
>>>Lots of Primary colors. But Watching Gundam always makes me want to play
>>>TAU.
>>

>> *hums the Robotech opening theme*
>>

> Hey, I have the Robotch Record. I also have the complete Macross
> recordings 3 cd set. I did paint a pace amrine like a Gundam one time.
> Looked pretty good white w/blue torso, red eagle

You could start Battletech Classic as well. ;)

Of course they had to change the old Macross-style miniatures now. Quite sad
actually, regarding they could have buyed a license for peanuts once. (At
least from what I know about the whole thing.)

--
This is Lukkai

"Helicon_One" <shiny*blue*thing@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Either this is an elaborate wind-up, or a concept sketch for the updated
> codex has been leaked to warseer:
>
> http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6736
>
> A bit Tyrannic, but I'm liking it.
>
> Tim

Its not even remotely tyrannic.

Rob

In article <dbh987$or4$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Helicon_One wrote:
> Either this is an elaborate wind-up, or a concept sketch for the updated
> codex has been leaked to warseer:
>
> http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6736

Both Warseer and Dakka have removed the images at GW's request so it
probably isn't just a wind-up.

btw Is Warseer the new Portent? It certainly looks like that.

--
Joakim

"Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Helicon_One" <shiny*blue*thing@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Either this is an elaborate wind-up, or a concept sketch for the updated
>> codex has been leaked to warseer:

>> A bit Tyrannic, but I'm liking it.

> Its not even remotely tyrannic.

The head looks like its being attacked from behind by a Gargoyle, and it has
a 'stinger' like the old style Tyranid Warriors(and maybe the new ones, I
forget). Admittedly the flamer-thing and the Tau symbol don't look very
Tyrannic.

Tim
--
----------------
I love the smell of vomit in the newsgroup, it smells like...VICTORY!
Jim M - Usenet out-take

If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.

Currently listening to: 'Welcome To The Jungle' - Guns N' Roses

"jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
> In article <dbh987$or4$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
> Helicon_One wrote:
>> Either this is an elaborate wind-up, or a concept sketch for the updated
>> codex has been leaked to warseer:
>>
>> http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6736
>
> Both Warseer and Dakka have removed the images at GW's request so it
> probably isn't just a wind-up.

That's what I thought, although I guess it there's no guarantee it'll
actually appear in the next codex, could be an idea that hasn't made the
final cut.

> btw Is Warseer the new Portent? It certainly looks like that.

Basicly, yeah.

Tim
--
----------------
I love the smell of vomit in the newsgroup, it smells like...VICTORY!
Jim M - Usenet out-take

If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.

Currently listening to: 'Patience' - Guns N' Roses

> "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Helicon_One" <shiny*blue*thing@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Either this is an elaborate wind-up, or a concept sketch for the updated
>>> codex has been leaked to warseer:
>
>>> A bit Tyrannic, but I'm liking it.
>
>> Its not even remotely tyrannic.
>
> The head looks like its being attacked from behind by a Gargoyle, and it
> has a 'stinger' like the old style Tyranid Warriors(and maybe the new
> ones, I forget). Admittedly the flamer-thing and the Tau symbol don't look
> very Tyrannic.

Well the stinger does look like the spiker thing on the first tyranid
warrior (definetly not present on the current one though), but that is about
it. This vespid looks insectoid as well, whereas the tyranids don't.

Rob