oz3050

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2004
I got some new RAM and now it seems some of my game, mostly just Battlefield 2 and Doom 3 suddenly stop running and returns me to the desktop, no error messages. Is the new RAM causing this? I'd try the old stuff but it's already sold. If it is the RAM is there any solution other then buying different RAM?
AMD 64 3500
MSI K8N Neo2 Plat
GeForce6800GT

The new memory is Super Talent PC3200 DDR400 1GB x2

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
step the clocking on your memory would be the 1st thing...

try each stick of ram on its own & see what happens

Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat...

oz3050

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2004
Alrighty, and how do i do that? Is that in the BIOS or do i need a program to change it?

Ok i think i found it in the BIOS and changed it from 2T to 1T (my only options). This gave me no change. I tried putting the chips in different slots to run it at single channel DDR333 2T. This time the whole computer crashed (twice) and had start up problems. Should i bother trying that at 1T? Im guessing the next step is try the chips individually. The chips are exactly the same so would that make a difference? And if it did what, does that solve? Either way i'd have to get new RAM, and i doubt mixing chip brands will solve anything.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Oz3050 on 09/14/05 12:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Going from 2T to 1T increases performance. This is the command rate which specifies how many consecutive clock cycles need to be sent to the memory modules before the modules can send data.

Your problem may be related the the power-supply crapping out when you play high end games like BF2 and D3. Try running only one module at a time, which requires less power.

You can use a program like MBM5 to monitor the voltage lines of your power-supply.

<font color=blue>******
<font color=green>"My Memory is not working today"
<font color=blue>AIM SoCaliCrowley

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Another suggestion!

Make sure you have the latest VGA driver from nvidia web: <A HREF="http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_78.01.html" target="_new">
Version: 78.01
Release Date: September 2, 2005
WHQL Certified
</A>

<font color=blue>******
<font color=green>"My Memory is not working today"
<font color=blue>AIM SoCaliCrowley