Karen

When I go to the Program compatibility program, a box pops up in the
bottom right corner with McAfee on it, and it says "A Suspicious Script
has been Detected!: The file
C:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr. exe contains suspicious
scripting activity and has stopped.

It says stop this script; allow entire script this time; findout more
information; continue what I was doing. None of these options take me
anywhere. I can't get the compatibility program. I tried turning off
Mcafee, and it did no good. Help, please.

Malke

Karen wrote:

> When I go to the Program compatibility program, a box pops up in the
> bottom right corner with McAfee on it, and it says "A Suspicious
> Script
> has been Detected!: The file
> C:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr. exe contains suspicious
> scripting activity and has stopped.
>
> It says stop this script; allow entire script this time; findout more
> information; continue what I was doing. None of these options take me
> anywhere. I can't get the compatibility program. I tried turning off
> Mcafee, and it did no good. Help, please.

Obviously there is a problem with the McAfee firewall. If you can't
figure out how to configure it to allow the script or it doesn't keep
your settings, either contact McAfee tech support for issues with their
software or get a different firewall.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Karen

Malke wrote:
> Karen wrote:
>

>>When I go to the Program compatibility program, a box pops up in the
>>bottom right corner with McAfee on it, and it says "A Suspicious
>>Script
>>has been Detected!: The file
>>C:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr. exe contains suspicious
>>scripting activity and has stopped.
>>
>>It says stop this script; allow entire script this time; findout more
>>information; continue what I was doing. None of these options take me
>>anywhere. I can't get the compatibility program. I tried turning off
>>Mcafee, and it did no good. Help, please.
>

> Obviously there is a problem with the McAfee firewall. If you can't
> figure out how to configure it to allow the script or it doesn't keep
> your settings, either contact McAfee tech support for issues with their
> software or get a different firewall.
>
> Malke
I don't have the McAfee Firewall installed.

Malke

Karen wrote:

> Malke wrote:
>> Karen wrote:
>>

>>>When I go to the Program compatibility program, a box pops up in the
>>>bottom right corner with McAfee on it, and it says "A Suspicious
>>>Script
>>>has been Detected!: The file
>>>C:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr. exe contains suspicious
>>>scripting activity and has stopped.
>>>
>>>It says stop this script; allow entire script this time; findout more
>>>information; continue what I was doing. None of these options take
>>>me
>>>anywhere. I can't get the compatibility program. I tried turning
>>>off
>>>Mcafee, and it did no good. Help, please.
>>

>> Obviously there is a problem with the McAfee firewall. If you can't
>> figure out how to configure it to allow the script or it doesn't keep
>> your settings, either contact McAfee tech support for issues with
>> their software or get a different firewall.
>>
>> Malke
> I don't have the McAfee Firewall installed.

Then the issue is with McAfee av and the same advice applies.

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/ - McAfee support forum

Malke