Copy files from A: Drive....

I feel kind of stupid asking this, because it seems it should be a basic
skill, but I've never come across this situation before.
How do I copy files off a floppy into a new directory on my hard drive??
After youre done laughing, I need a response as soon as you can reply ; )
Much thx in advance...

There is more than one way to do this but here is one:

Start
Windows Explorer
Select the A drive
Right click the files wanted, select Copy

Select the new drive, Right click, Paste

You may want to create a folder first.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

In news:581CE581-0BD4-4448-877A-0052A966DDFE@microsoft.com,
Litecar2 <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I feel kind of stupid asking this, because it seems it should
> be a
> basic skill, but I've never come across this situation before.
> How do I copy files off a floppy into a new directory on my
> hard
> drive?? After youre done laughing, I need a response as soon as
> you
> can reply ; ) Much thx in advance...

First of all, realize that the fact that it's a floppy is
irrelevant. You can copy a file from one place in another in
exactly the same way regardless of what the two places are.

There are many ways to do this. Here's one: using My Computer or
Windows Explorer, navigate to the place you want to copy *from*
(in this case, the a: drive). Select the file you want to copy by
clicking on it (if you want *all* the files on the floppy, press
Ctrl-A to select all), then press Ctrl-C to copy.

The file or files are now in the clipboard, and you have to paste
them where you want them. Now navigate to the place you want to
put them (in this case, a folder on your hard drive), click once
anywhere in that folder and press Ctrl-V to paste them there.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Thanks for the replies...twas simple....

In news:3917C227-B6BA-4E54-9BB3-D45C4B5E5B47@microsoft.com,
Litecar2 <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Thanks for the replies...twas simple....

You're welcome, and glad to hear it.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:581CE581-0BD4-4448-877A-0052A966DDFE@microsoft.com,
>> Litecar2 <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>>> I feel kind of stupid asking this, because it seems it should
>>> be a
>>> basic skill, but I've never come across this situation
>>> before.
>>> How do I copy files off a floppy into a new directory on my
>>> hard
>>> drive?? After youre done laughing, I need a response as soon
>>> as
>>> you
>>> can reply ; ) Much thx in advance...
>>

>> First of all, realize that the fact that it's a floppy is
>> irrelevant. You can copy a file from one place in another in
>> exactly the same way regardless of what the two places are.
>>
>> There are many ways to do this. Here's one: using My Computer
>> or
>> Windows Explorer, navigate to the place you want to copy
>> *from*
>> (in this case, the a: drive). Select the file you want to copy
>> by
>> clicking on it (if you want *all* the files on the floppy,
>> press
>> Ctrl-A to select all), then press Ctrl-C to copy.
>>
>> The file or files are now in the clipboard, and you have to
>> paste
>> them where you want them. Now navigate to the place you want
>> put them (in this case, a folder on your hard drive), click
>> once
>> anywhere in that folder and press Ctrl-V to paste them there.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

lots of ways
right click copy then paste into dir you want
right click and Copy to Folder, Send to Anyfile