Configuring 1310 when Windows XP loads

I am trying to help my father with a problem he gets when he loads windows
xp. Several small windows come up giving different messages, but the first
message says something like "configuring 1310, please wait." Then several
more windows pop up with many more messages configuring lots of things. I
cannot find a reference to 1310 anywhere. Could it be a printer issue? He is
connected to an hp1315 printer. Jane

Malke

Jane wrote:

> I am trying to help my father with a problem he gets when he loads
> windows xp. Several small windows come up giving different messages,
> but the first message says something like "configuring 1310, please
> wait." Then several more windows pop up with many more messages
> configuring lots of things. I cannot find a reference to 1310
> anywhere. Could it be a printer issue? He is connected to an hp1315
> printer. Jane

That's what it sounds like, Jane. Do some clean-boot troubleshooting to
determine for sure:

Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

jonah

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:16:03 -0700, "Jane"
<Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to help my father with a problem he gets when he loads windows
>xp. Several small windows come up giving different messages, but the first
>message says something like "configuring 1310, please wait." Then several
>more windows pop up with many more messages configuring lots of things. I
>cannot find a reference to 1310 anywhere. Could it be a printer issue? He is
>connected to an hp1315 printer. Jane

Yep its the Prnter

Get the "Basic Drivers Only" from HP Website, uninstall the printer
and re-install with the basic drivers.

You do not need 50 odd start up programs running to print and scan.
Thats what you get with the full HP drivers that come with the
printer. Get rid of .NET Framework as well while you are at it.

Drivers for HP 1315 here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=uk&dest_page=softwareCategory&tool=softwareCategory&product=374568&dlc=en&os=228

Note the size difference between basic and full drivers, thats where
all the configuring is happening.

:cool:

Jonah