Sign in with
Your question

Error when installing games (source file is corrupt)

Last response: in Windows 7
October 6, 2012 8:58:52 PM

Hey guys. I know this site is one of the best computer advice sites there is, so i decided to just make an account here when i need help regarding anything computer related in general. So my first thread i´m going to ask you geniuses what i might be able to do about this error i recently started getting when trying to install games.

First time it occurred was when i was trying to install borderlands 2. I manage to install the games, but this error keeps popping up along the way, and the game simply doesnt stop loading when a loading screen comes up.

Heres the error, any feedback would be great.
a b $ Windows 7
October 6, 2012 9:12:15 PM

If it happens with different CD/DVDs I would question the status of my optical drive. I would also run memtest86+ ( http://www.memtest.org/ ) just to be sure that it was not caused my a memory error.

Oh, and genius, while there are certainly some here, I am not even close to being among them, just have had years of painful experiences that have taught me a little -- sort of like touching a hot stove lots of times. :) 
m
l
October 7, 2012 10:19:25 AM

Thanks for the reply Realbeast. I had considered the memory test before, after reading other threads, and after getting off my ass and burning a disc and doing the memtest, the results show that there are no errors.

So the search for the problem continues! Exciting isnt it?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 9, 2012 1:29:46 AM

It looks like you are running Win7 x64.

If you are installing from the original DC/DVD source disk take a look at them and insure that there are no marks or scratches on the disks.

While I cannot explain Borderlands 2, Tony Hawks 4 is the only version that I think will run and then only with a compatibility update. x64 is tough to install or run with the older games. I have XP Mode and a 32 bit version of Win 7 in VMWare installed to run a lot of the games.
m
l
!