Updating all the drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyarch

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Uniblue DriverScanner 2013 to my knowledge is a trustworthy program. I have the free version, which tells you what drivers are outdated but doesn't update them, and I'm not paying 30 bucks just to update some drivers.
But, I have been blue-screening, and it's usually because I have outdated drivers. But when I go into Device Manager and ask it to update the drivers that Uniblue tells me are "outdated," Windows 7 tells me they are not out of date. I think I believe Uniblue, because I am getting BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD which I believe is related to outdated drivers. If you want the actual error numbers: 0x00000019 (0x00000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800CD0E510, 0xFFFFF8A00B6FAA48, 0xFFFFFA800CD0E510).

Here are my outdated drivers:
OutdatedDrivers.jpg

I just want to know simply how to update my drivers, and maybe even which ones I don't need to update? Thanks guys,
Brady

Sorry, that driver thing is total crap. All these drivers are related to the motherboard / chipset and most of them are the generic Microsoft drivers, that will always work. Try something else first: run checkdisk. Just in case: right click on the c drive in explorer, go to properties and the tools tab. To scan the boot drive you need to reboot the PC.
If you want to update the drivers anyway, go to the support site of you mainboard or PC manufacturer, lookup your model and windows version and download the drivers. Start with the chipset drivers.

bradyarch

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

Ok, 2 people saying it's crap? Last time I was on here and PCGamer, it was suggested by ALL of the top posters who had like 5000 posts and were super reputable... I've ONLY heard really good things about Driver Scanner and I've always seen it recommended every time someone has outdated drivers.

bradyarch

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

So you're reinforcing that DriverScanner is crap? I guess I already know that... And yes, it says update to a lower version a lot, didn't know what that was about. It may be screwed up... Problem is: I was still getting blue screens that implied I needed new driver updates. In my opinion, there should just be an "update all" in Device Manager but I guess Windows isn't that smart haha.

Update though, I haven't blue screened since I last posted, but I haven't had a ton of time to use my computer, so I don't know if anything's changed. I defragged (that probably won't help the blue screening but I did it anyways) and did a disk check as well. If I BSOD again I'm coming straight back here to reply so I can get further help. Thanks to all who let me know that DriverScanner is garbage... But again, I am blown away that it got so many reports as garbage. I didn't expect that, because like I said, so many reputable people recommended the crap out of that program to people who had driver issues.

See you next time though,
Brady

bradyarch

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Ok guys, DriverScanner is off my computer, and I ran DiskCheck and a defrag, but blue screened last night, and just again tonight.

The BSOD last night was:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

0x00000050 was the main STOP error

The BSOD tonight was:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

0x0000003B was the main STOP error.

If you guys need the errors in the parentheses, I will get them for you, just let me know. The goal is to not Blue Screen any more, so let's see how we can fix it. I'll take all the advice I can get, and am appreciative of all the advice I can get.

Thanks friends,
Brady

bradyarch

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I am still blue screening, and would love help with this. I cannot figure out the issue.

I have checked Windows Update, and all updates are installed with the exception of Bing Desktop (which better not be necessary).

Let me try and help you. Here are all the BSOD's I have gotten in the past. The most recent one I couldn't get a snapshot of, but let's see what we can solve with these BSODs.

IMG_12541.jpg

IMG_11381.jpg

IMG_12411.jpg

IMG_12421.jpg

IMG_12431.jpg

Thank you guys for trying. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.